Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet for dummies

• 19-04-2006 9:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Looking to get an internet home package for downloading music and movies ( not that type ).

I have NO idea of what provider is the best ( relative to price ) - from what i've read Magnet looks the quickest, but i also will probably need a decent service as regards problem solving etc. Everyone I ring promises their service is the best obviously, but if anyone here has a good word I'd really appreciate it.

I have NTL TV and Eircom phone acc if this makes any difference ?

Thanks
    Paul

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Hi all,

Looking to get an internet home package for downloading music and movies ( not that type ).

I have NO idea of what provider is the best ( relative to price ) - from what i've read Magnet looks the quickest, but i also will probably need a decent service as regards problem solving etc. Everyone I ring promises their service is the best obviously, but if anyone here has a good word I'd really appreciate it.

I have NTL TV and Eircom phone acc if this makes any difference ?

Thanks
    Paul

Irrespective of which service you finally choose it is most unlikely that you will get the type of support that you seem to be looking for so the best course is to start educating yourself - read posts on here on various problems and there are loads and loads of good sites on the net - one easy way to find them is to google about a particular topic or problem. And of course theres loads and loads of books out there.

Advertisement