Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seed open beta

Options
  • 19-04-2006 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭

Need to register before next monday for a 14 day beta...
    http://www.seedthegame.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Signed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Niall - Dahlia

Signed.

I like the sound of this actually, some nice new ideas, should be interesting.

Agreed, not too sure about the cartoony style graphics. And I'm completely clueless about the actual gameplay, but thats something I'll enjoy working out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

It does seem quite betaish too (surprising eh?), but if you want to get a head start on the 315mb download, you could try http://www.seedthegame.com/betafiles

Hmm, only 315mb? Interesting... I suppose it'll decompress to 1.5Gb and then a patch or two... Anyway, its cool, I'll just download it overnight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

so there's no combat/pvp and classes in this game? But what successful MMORPG doesn't have combat/pvp/fighting in it? this sounds like a dull game to me...

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭hairball

played it a bit today(was invited to the beta weeks ago and i forgot about it.
    it's suffering the usual beta bugginess, didn't seem to be many people in while i was there but then i was having some trouble finding my way around...some very impressive vistas from what i did see tho...the cartoon mapped graphics give it a nice look too.
    Still don't know how it's gonna play out with no combat etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Drakar wrote:
    It does seem quite betaish too (surprising eh?), but if you want to get a head start on the 315mb download, you could try http://nerfed

Ah Draker, they asked you not to post that link, unlike most betas we didn't have to sign a NDA which I favor, so I think you should respect their wishes and not link to it.

Just got my invite last night. Shall be downloading it today and trying it out by tonight. Looking forward to it.

Well, I've tried this now and I almost want to vomit. I cant move. Thats my biggest obstacle, so far. The game will only run in windowed mode and as such runs ridiculously slowly. I cant seem to do anything, even though I'm told double clicking will cause me to move. I dont know, I think I'll give it another couple of weeks to see if it improves any, before going back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭hairball

Ivan wrote:
    Well, I've tried this now and I almost want to vomit. I cant move. Thats my biggest obstacle, so far. The game will only run in windowed mode and as such runs ridiculously slowly. I cant seem to do anything, even though I'm told double clicking will cause me to move. I dont know, I think I'll give it another couple of weeks to see if it improves any, before going back.

Yup that was my problem with it..stuck on 'click to move' mode and whole levels disappearing too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

It is click to move at the moment. I presume as it matures it will have wsad movement as an option at least. There's a conf file that you can edit if its not running in fullscreen for you by default (I'm in work now but search for *.conf) or something.

That said, I'm not a big fan, but hey it's a beta don't be surprised if it doesn't work as we'd want it to. If I run short of room though, it might be early on the uninstall list...

Advertisement