Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mondeo FM Stereo not working...

Options
  • 19-04-2006 11:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

Hi,

I have a 02 Mondeo with a factory fitted 6000 stereo. For some reason it's not picking up the FM stations!! MW and LW stations are being picked up, but not FM.

Any suggestions??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Maybe you have it (unintentionally) set to receive only stations transmitting Traffic Announcements, or maybe only Local (i.e. strong) stations and you're in an area where there are none that meet this criterion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 seanmc

thanks, don't think so though. I tried that. When I do a scan it just scans and picks nothing up. Even when I set it manually to a known station nothing happens. It's funny that MW etc.. works!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭mondeoman

have you pressed the 'AM/FM' button on the top R/H side of the stereo?.
    also check to see if the ariel is connected in properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 seanmc

Checked both I'm afraid. Still the same problem. Just get the hissing sound on all the FM stations. Pain in the neck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Has the aerial lead become detached from the aerial at that end? Sounds definitely like aerial disconnected from head unit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement