Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rear Projector and XBOX 360

• 19-04-2006 12:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭

I was thinking of buy a Sony 50" HD rear projector Tv and was wondering if I would have any problems running my xbox 360 on it burn in probelms and things like that. Now i know the 360 has a screensaver feature which should protect from any burn in problems but not 100% sure if that will be enough.

Any Idea's on this. Dont want to fork out money for the TV unless it will work fine with my 360.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I'd go for an LCD projector. No burn in problems there and you get a huge picture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Maxwell

Id recommend an DLP projector instead

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

been running a ps2 and an xbox on a rear projection tv for 3 years and no problems...no burn in whatsoever..

but lcd projectors are nice...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Actually I think the TV is called something like 3LCD TV . its €1900 with a free stand.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

that tv is 17XX in Athlone Sony Centre with a free dvd player, AFAIK Sony LCD RPG TV's are not at risk to screenburn

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

was in the shop the other day. $1749 including a dvd player and the stand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Maxwell

My brother in law in interested in one of these aswell. He saw it in the Sony Centre in Limerick for €1800

Im not sure whether to recommend it to him or not?

Anyone want to recommend it?

Advertisement