Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Alarm Problem

Options
  • 19-04-2006 12:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

Just bought back my old 1987 Mercedes 190E, however in the 2 years that the other owner had it he managed to lose the alarm fob and let the battery go dead over 2 months of sitting.
    I'm trying to get the car running again but the alarm is activated (lights flashing everywhere but there is no sound as the speaker is broken). I cant remeber if the alarm immobilized the car when activated when I had it but I think this is what is happening as I can't start the car, it just turns over. I can't push start it as it is an automatic.
    Does anyone know how I can deactivate the alarm or stop it from immobilising the car at least.
    By the way the alarm is a 'Scorpion 737' I did some searches on the net with no joy.
    By the way it is my car and all that junk before someone starts accusing me of being a bandit!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

I don't know that alarm model, but you could just try tracing the wires out of the alarm brain and mapping them out to see where they go. And then plan on just cutting the alarm out of the car.

Should be connected to the following areas:

- door switches
    - boot/bonnet switches
    - alarm horn/sounder
    - indicator lights
    - power +12v
    - ignition +12v
    - -ve/ground
    - sensors (ultrasonic/microwave/shock) ---> although these might be built into the alarm
    - electric windows (probably not connected ?)
    - central locking
    - immobilisation

The immobiliser can be undone by just finding out which wire the immobiliser intercepts, then removing the immobilser from that and rejoining the broken wire.

The central locking connection, if fitted, will also need to be similarly reconnected if you remove the alarm.

Another option is if you find out the serial number of the alarm, etc, and then contact the manufacturer, get them to send out a new fob to match.

If you don't feel comfortable with the above ;-) just get a new alarm fitted - the sparky will just use the existing alarm wiring and hey-presto !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

Also... try a search on www.the12volt.com (*excellent* site)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭richardson2525

thats great franksm i'll have to leave it till tomorrow though. work calls! i'll let you know how I get on

Advertisement