Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best place for a rockin haircut?

• 19-04-2006 12:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭

Hey, i've been growing my hair for 2 and a half years now and i thnk its about time i did something with it. I got my hair 'styled' in toni and guy there a few months back, and it came out nothing like the pic i was aiming for, infact, it came out the way the girl who was cutting my hair wanted it to look. I usually part my hair in the middle, but now one side is about an inch shorter than the other, thanks to the girls 'vision'. you dont notice it, so its ok.

What looks good with longish hair? Wheres the best place to go for a good, rock style haircut (NOT EMO!). Screw toni and guy, im not interested! I used to go to the merchand in templebar, but from what i remember they didnt really deal with long hair on a regular basis.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I'm sorry, I've absolutely no idea and thusly nothing to add to this thread, but I just have to say, I giggled at your unfortunate mishap with some girl's vision.

Out of curiosity, what were you going for then, and what are you going for now? Also, what are you doing in the way of facial hair?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

I have a full beard which ratains water, and long hair just past my shoulders. My close friends call me jebus!

The look back then was just to let it grow right, not so much of a mullet, but she decided to use my wavey hair to good use and mixing it up with a fringe she blow dried to one side while assuring me it was what i was looking for - liar, i didnt even want it to one side.

Now i just want to cut my hair. my fringe is past my chin, but just not long enough to pony tail (like a man). It also knots a bit, which is wreckin my head, so i wanna do something about all that.

I just dont know what to do!...

red_ice wrote:
    I have a full beard which ratains water, and long hair just past my shoulders. My close friends call me jebus!

The look back then was just to let it grow right, not so much of a mullet, but she decided to use my wavey hair to good use and mixing it up with a fringe she blow dried to one side while assuring me it was what i was looking for - liar, i didnt even want it to one side.

Now i just want to cut my hair. my fringe is past my chin, but just not long enough to pony tail (like a man). It also knots a bit, which is wreckin my head, so i wanna do something about all that.

I just dont know what to do!...

Don't know what to tell you man. I know the feeling though, my hair is about shoulder lenth now, but not altogether long enough to tie back, and it can be annoying at times. I just can't stand it short, so I'm persevering.

There's a few things you could do with it, but be warned, you might hate them. First, you could just tie back your hair in a ponytail, but leaving the fringe loose, so it hangs down. Example. Second, you could just have the ponytail tied higher on your head, like a samuria's top-knot, so you'll get the fringe and all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭MrJones

sure we could have a reality tv show about it, presented by eddie hobbs.

There's a few things you could do with it, but be warned, you might hate them. First, you could just tie back your hair in a ponytail, but leaving the fringe loose, so it hangs down. Example. Second, you could just have the ponytail tied higher on your head, like a samuria's top-knot, so you'll get the fringe and all.

Been there done that dude! When i tie it low, i tuck the fringe, but its forever popping out(only the very front of my head) and it feels so.... weak.. its like im only doing it so i can play with my hair. Im not a look at me kinda guy... i think doing the ponytail high up is a little to girly for me :/

I got called jesus again today haha - i think its time to shape my beard into something a little more groomed!

Was thinkin of getting something like joey castillo, maybe a bit longer tho, i dont know. But that look could be seen as emo, but i dont think it is, its too rough n ready, which is why i like it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Whirl

Foundations a good place to get your hair cut cept it costs around 45euroish for a guy. The place is just off Georges street right around the corner with the big 747 sign along the building

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭fabcat

You could try lunatic fringe on Grafton Street, they're pricy but I know when I went in, they talked about what would be best, then they done EXACTLY what I wanted. I'm a girl, but there was a few guys getting there hair done there as well. Great Stylists, and they do actually listen!

I know what you mean about Toni and Guy, they only seem to know how to feather hair and then straighten.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

what do you mean "feather hair"?

i was thinking of going to Toni&Guy to get my hair done for the summer and i hate reading posts like the OP's because now I'm having second thoughts! where is lunatic fringe? do you need appointments for it?

red_ice wrote:
    I got called jesus again today haha - i think its time to shape my beard into something a little more groomed!

How about something like:

trent.jpg
    red_ice wrote:
    Was thinkin of getting something like joey castillo, maybe a bit longer tho, i dont know. But that look could be seen as emo, but i dont think it is, its too rough n ready, which is why i like it

That kind thing, only a bit longer, would just look like one of those new fangled "Trendy" mullets. It could possibly be worse than emo.

Be carefull of ****ing up here, Red ice, if something goes wrong, the only solution is to cut it shorter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

• Advertisement

How about something like:
    trent.jpg
    Already done that, and a few variations of it, mind you i dont really think he can pull it off.

That kind thing, only a bit longer, would just look like one of those new fangled "Trendy" mullets. It could possibly be worse than emo.

Be carefull of ****ing up here, Red ice, if something goes wrong, the only solution is to cut it shorter.

mullet?! :( Man, getting a haircut sucks. I really CBA Going through the hassle of picking out a way to cut hair that doesnt fall into a poncy catagory.

Umaro, toni and guy were annoying.
    eg:
    Me:I like that one
    Toni&Guy:Hmm, yea, but, hmm, ok
    ---10 minutes into the cut---
    me: Eh, isnt that a bit short?
    Toni&Guy:Short? oh no, i have to do this to take the body out of it... and the length, its all part of THE CUT.

BUH BUH BUH Bull****

fabcat what type of style do they mainly deal with?

Whirl, Its not the one on the corner beside the alley that leads to dame st is it?

In fairness, Red Ice, you're damned if you do and damned if you don't most of the time. Practically everywhere won't do what you want them to, even my sister finds it extremely hard to get her hair cut. I knew a fellow once who had a very long pony tail, and he went into a hairdressers to get it shortened a bit, so whoever was doing the cutting just lopped the whole lot straight off, much to his dismay. He ended up just getting his head shaved after that.

Last haircut I had, I just wanted the back trimmed up a bit, to avoid that kinda mullet thing that happens when you're letting it grow, and yer man just simply couldn't or wouldn't do it. I ended up with the hair at the back of my head all sticking out now for the past while, and I was just too scared to go in anywhere else incase they **** it up any worse. Thankfully it isn't sticking out now as much as it was, so it's just going to grow out.

Hairdressers seem to have serious problems with listening, or doing anything their customers actually want. The last decent haircut I got was after I shaved my head for charity, and I just wanted the old back'n'sides. I think asking for anything else could be potentially dangerous.

I'd honestly avoid gettying a haircut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Jamie178

I'm looking for a textured cut I think, kinda pointy at the ends, but not too much, and like the rocker type of look and about an inch and a half past my shoulders.. maybe a lil more but not too much, and not choppy cuz i'm a blonde and it messes up the look, and I can't die my hair...or I don't want to. I had found a good picture of someones hair and I kinda liked it but I can't find it so anyone got any good pictures?

Advertisement