Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complaint

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,247 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

How is this justifiable?
    It's not. It's just not our problem. Bubbles is not an admin of Boards.ie, he's not even a member. In fact he's been banned permanently, every alter-ego he creates is banned on sight and in general he's sort of considered our own pet troll.

How can I put it simpler: he's kinda like Peeves in the Harry Potter books.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

112260580549553a0943ul.gif

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Get the famous five on his trail EFC-4eva!
    Alas, I can not strain my teenage mind to the extent of adding two one digit numbers. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

lafortezza wrote:
    112260580549553a0943ul.gif
    LOL

HTOTD?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭EFC-4eva

Ugh, now were gettin somewhere. thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

EFC-4eva wrote:
    How is this justifiable?
    Let’s recap. You come here, make wild accusations about the administrators (apparently based upon their putting their actual names to it) hacking your little microsite which is hosted elsewhere. Finally you realize that it has nothing to do with the administrators on Boards, yet you still have the gall to demand that we do something about it, without bothering to apologise for your initial accusations.

Either you’re Bubbles inventing this entire fiasco or you are frankly too stupid to be allowed to breed.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Considering that one of your members has spammed your TI website, I doubt the Admins would bother wasting their time helping you out EFC.

Why is teenireland closing anyway?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Either you’re Bubbles inventing this entire fiasco or you are frankly too stupid to be allowed to breed.

I also think there's a good chance EFC = bubbles

you should try myspace next bubbles ;)

Gordon wrote:
    Considering that one of your members has spammed your TI website, I doubt the Admins would bother wasting their time helping you out EFC.

Lack of funding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I want to hear more about these "Code fairies" that Talliesin mentioned. Are they available for employment?

• Advertisement

Gordon wrote:

you made me laugh out loud Gordie :D

Sarky wrote:
    I want to hear more about these "Code fairies" that Talliesin mentioned. Are they available for employment?

oh stop now! people in the office are looking at me!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

That would be just typical if EFC is bubbles. I guess we'll need to ban him to be sure. Even if he isn't bubbles - the slander that he's come out with is totally not on, and dangerous to boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭nomorebadtown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

This has been the funniest thread in ages. :)

From bebo ...
    WHO AM I ? GTFOUR1@msn.com

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

i just got 77 posts worth of dumber. i would like my smarts back. fix it boards. is this justifiable?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

*psst* EFI, the only way to get them to give in is to threaten to call the FBI

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Doctor J wrote:
    You better hope you have proof, otherwise you would be wise to retract your accusation.

That kind of statment can land someone in serious trouble.

Internet, serious business :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Yes, I have seen the poster too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Sarky wrote:
    Why don't you roll down your window and ask them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

There's no handle on the monitor. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

And to think whoever it was might have gotten away with it too if it werent for those pesky kids from teen ireland

106.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

&#231 wrote: »
    i just got 77 posts worth of dumber. i would like my smarts back. fix it boards. is this justifiable?
    My apologies. He's banned now.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Ah sure the thread was worth it if only for token picture of Buffy

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Why'd you ban him? We coulda teased him a bit more :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Have you no pity for the retarded Piste? For shame.

ALSO CHUCK NORRIS CAUSES CANCER!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Teenireland is closing?

Please tell me they won't all be coming here.

If it is, we got to save it. Just to keep them away!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

A funny comic could be made...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I am sad to say I did most of the research for that wiki article.

Based on what I have researched on bubbles its not his MO. He doesn't hack, but he will exploit fricken huge holes in your security if you leave them open (although so will most kids on IRC if they find it). He is more the social hacker type person.

Bubbles comment didn't even come up on the website until sometime in this thread where he was mentioned.

Here is what I think happened.
    1. Teen Ireland spam people on bebo to make them friends (as there are some confused teenagers on your comments list).

2. pissed off the wrong person in doing so who proceeded to hack the site. As bebo is generally secure I would guess either your password was stupid or they methods to get your email or the email of one of the people who are sharing that area. (90% of hacks are from people you know).

3. Clearly the person may use boards.ie, but is in no way an admin and probably not a moderator either. I would say boards.ie is mentioned because you run your own forums and in comparison to boards.ie your small fry.

In conclusion.
    1. You probably pissed off a Bebo person.
    2. Check others on the site haven't gotten Phished, or that you have don't something stupid like actually put your mothers maiden name on your hotmail account password recovery.
    3. Check for virus/trojans.
    4. If your site is hacked odds on more then one person is hacking it. Check common IRC areas.
    4. Or it could be that your trying to spam your or make boards.ie look bad.

Incidently if you were honest in what you were doing you could of just rang boards.ie and told them what was going on and if they could help in anyway. They have a knack of finding out who is screwing around, but any goodwill might of been lessened in your accusation post.

Advertisement