Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Namco confirms Ridge Racer 7 for PS3

• 19-04-2006 1:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭

Famitsu has an article in its newest issue confirming Ridge Racer 7 for PS3. It's part of an E3-preview, I think, with more to come in future issues. Here's a link to a scan of the article, if it's not acceptable, mods can let me know and I'll edit it out:

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/6593/47187rr70nu.jpg

As you can see, there's just a few small screenshots, showing off the environment. It's basically to give notice of its presence at E3, but confirms that there'll be a customisation mode, and online races for up to 14 players. A couple of outlets are reporting that it's a launch title, and will be playable at E3, but I'm not sure if this article confirms that..

Hopefully we'll also see Tekken on PS3 at E3! In most ways it's not surprising they've announced Ridge, but in another way it kind of is, as they announced a number of unnamed titles at the last TGS for PS3 in different genres, but racing wasn't one of them.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Meh. Ridge Race may get prettier but the gameplay hasn't changed one bit since the original came out on the PSOne.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

I've a feeling it's probably a tarted up port of 6, unfortunately. Although even better graphics might be welcome given that they weren't exactly awe-inspiring, when they should have been.

I tend to agree in terms of RR's evolution over the years though (even if it's definitely different now versus the very original!), but I'm still a sucker for Ridge :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

ridge racer at the launch of a new sony console? SHOCKER :D

Just to update - the article doesn't apparently confirm it for launch, only that they want to release it ASAP. Also seems there'll only be a trailer at E3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

given namco's ridge racer history, if it's not released at launch, it'll be as close to it as humanly possible

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Irish Neo

Given how poor the game was on 360, I have little faith on this being much better.

Its a poor game.

Irish Neo wrote:
    Given how poor the game was on 360, I have little faith on this being much better.

Its a poor game.

I've only played the 360 version briefly, but among RR fans, it seems to have got a solid reception. At least it was a 60fps racer! :rolleyes:

Anyway, the official RR7 webpage is open:

http://namco-ch.net/ridgeracer7/index.php

topimg.jpg

h-668_52074_ridge0006.jpg.jpg
    h-668_52074_ridge0007.jpg.jpgh-668_52074_ridge0008.jpg.jpg
    h-668_52074_ridge0011.jpg.jpgh-668_52074_ridge0012.jpg.jpg
    h-668_52074_ridge0013.jpg.jpgh-668_52074_ridge0014.jpg.jpg

Over 20 courses, (over 40 mirrored), making it the most in a RR to date, apparently. Online with up to 14 players, including a co-op mode. Cars can be customised and taken online, each car can have up to 200,000 variations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

To hell with Ridge Racer...I demand a next-gen wipeout!

These popped up today on Game Watch :)

rr712.jpg

rr711.jpg

rr710.jpg

rr709.jpg

rr707.jpg

rr706.jpg

rr708.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭kano476

i always enjoyed the rr series. bit of light entertainment etc. the fourth one is by far the best. looking forward to see the new one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement