Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MP3 Players

Options
  • 19-04-2006 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

Hi all, was wondering if anybody could recommend a 20GB MP3 player for under €250.00. If it had FM Radio also, that would be a massive bonus..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Probably would have been better posting here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=624

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭BlueSpiral

Hi all, was wondering if anybody could recommend a 20GB MP3 player for under €250.00. If it had FM Radio also, that would be a massive bonus..
    You described the creative zen sleek, but it's off the market now. it's really trustable, I've dropped mine at 20 times, most of those times on concrete, but it still works. Try looking on ebay.ie if you can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

I would recommend the iriver h120,there seems to be a good few for sale on ebay at the moment.Mines expected to arrive tomorrow.My sister has had hers over two years and its perfect,from heavy use.Its also one of the best sounding mp3 players out there.You should get one delivered for around 170euro ,that will leave you a nice few euro left over for a nice set of earphones or headphones.Please do not stick with the stock phones on any mp3 player all are crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,580 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

really i'd recommend splashing out a little more cash and picking up a Creative Zen Vision M 30GB. I got it from Amazon for bout €330 incl postage and haven't looked back. Screen and sound both far superior to ipod (not my words, the words of owners of recently purchased Ipod Video's)

But if you're looking for a 20GB system and really constrained by budget i'd say the Iriver previously mentioned is a good choice. Also the Archos jukebox systems are very reliable, with excellent sound quality. they're not as flashy or as quick for navigation as most newer systems, but they are easy to manage and can be used as a portable hard drive, without any need for formatting. they also use musicmatch, which i found to be a pretty nice bit of software.

As i said, if i were you i'd invest in the creative, but the other two are both pretty decent bits of kit!

Be careful getting players on ebay too. i've a couple of mates who were bidding on mp3 players from some dodgy dealers and had to be contacted by ebay themselves cancelling their orders

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

iRiver all the way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Erm, looking for help on mp3 conversions.

Prefectly legal! Have uploaded a stack of cd's into iTunes and want to burn them now to a cd so I can play them in the car etc but need to get them in CD readable format....anybody got any tips? Im sure its easy :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,580 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Sizzler wrote:
    Erm, looking for help on mp3 conversions.

Prefectly legal! Have uploaded a stack of cd's into iTunes and want to burn them now to a cd so I can play them in the car etc but need to get them in CD readable format....anybody got any tips? Im sure its easy :-)

If you can, convert them to the format WAV. Most CD players can read and play files in this format

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Happy days...I'll give that a lash so and see how I go :-)

Advertisement