Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Botox - is early 20's too young?

• 19-04-2006 3:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi, a friend of mine is dead set on having botox.
    She is in her early 20's.
    I was wondering, has anyone here ever had botox? Or do they know much about the proceedure?
    Are there many risks in having botox in your early 20's?
    What clinics in Dublin, or around Dublin carry out Botox? Is it expensive?

Basically I am looking for as much info on the topic as anyone can give me.

Thanks a million for your help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Yes, before she should attempt to look younger she needs to allow herself grow old first and let her face develop some character before she inflates her head to get rid of it. Two words of warning: Leslie Ash.

Personally I find the whole botox look rather freaky, quite disturbing actually. I would never tell anyone what they should and shouldn't do, it's her choice, but for me, that whole exaggerated puffiness is a serious no-no. There is nothing wrong with having the odd line or two, it's not a bad thing to look human.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭fabcat

I'm only 24, but I do have wrinkles around my eyes not enough for BOtox but if they get worse I'd definitely consider it. There is a doctor who visits Clerys Beauty Salon every couple of months, they have leaflets with info on it your friend can have a look at. She can also talk with the doctor who can explain the procedures etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Way too early in my opinion, as Doctor J says, you need to get old before trying to look younger :)

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Betsy79

early 20's?? oh my god! i don't think that she really needs it! and in my opinion ways to early!

i'm 26 and a smoker and have a few wrinkels but i rather get older in style than tryin to look young forever!!:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

They'll do it for somone in their early twenties no bother.

She'd be an utter fool to have it done though.Heres why:

Botox works by paralyzing the muscles where the wrinkles are, say for example the forehead.

The biggest problem with botox, is that, because these muscles can't move, it causes other areas of the face and their muscles to overcompensate, to try and create the natural movement that botox prevents.

This soon causes new wrinkles in other areas of the face, and then to get rid of them, they'll have to trace the botox around to these parts.Doing this will give you the look of that redhead who's in desperate housewives.

If your friend is 100% on doing this however, i'd recommend Dr Cal condon in the Blackrock clinic.No idea of the cost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Personally I think getting botox done in your early 20's is madness! It will probably lead to your friend having to get it redone and redone as the effect of botox wears off and wasting loads of money on it.

Not that it isn't being done. A lot of models (a few Irish ones I know of) have it done in their mid 20's to keep the aging process away and Jordan has been getting botox for years (well no real surpirse there) and I think she's still in her late 20's.

Staying out of the sun and always wearing sun protection will help prevent premature aging. Also, drinking lots of water and using a good mosturiser for you skin will get your skin looking better. Won't get rid of the wrinkles but will approve the appearence of the skin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

im 25 and i wouldnt mind getting it done. Ive wrinkles on my forehead that drive me mad and I cant shift them no matter what cream I use i think they are from frowning! Id rather get it done within a year before it gets much worse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

You're worrying too much about it, that's why you frown and that's where the wrinkles are coming from :)

Seriously, unless you look like the Emperor from Star Wars you've got nothing to worry about. A few wrinkles are a good thing, they give your face a bit of character. Let it go and enjoy being young tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I can never get my head around the fact that anyone would willingly inject themselves with botulism.

Frowning is actually a hugely important part of human antropology and evolution, elliminating your ability to frown by paralizing your muscles is very creepy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

i got a new moisturoiser on the weekend and my skin is starting to look better already esp the dry area on my forehead recommend trying that OP its Lancome aqua fusion and its not too dear!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

thats disgusting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

Botox in your early 20's seems a little insane, mid to late 30's maybe but 20's? I don't think it's the best idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,036 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I think it's an insane idea as well. It makes people's foreheads look really strange and early 20's is way too young to be worrying about wrinkles. She probably just needs to take better care of her skin, good moisturiser, lots of water etc.

Advertisement