Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People with tattoos

Options
  • 19-04-2006 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭

Where is better -

Irish Ink or
    Metalworks

Where is better 5 votes

Irish Ink
    0% 0 votes
    Metalworks
    100% 5 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Had one of mine at Metalworks and have been complimented on it several times. Before you have one done, ask to see other works by the artist and make sure he/she is comfortable with making the pattern you want. Some are better on text, some on tribal, some on really detailed stuff etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

i've heard irish ink aren't that great but they changed hands not to long ago so i don't know who the complaints were aimed at

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Very impressed by the work I saw done at Irish ink.

then again I'm being biast cause Becca Faye got her tattoo at metalworks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

isint it not really swore.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭WallysWorld

is it expensive to get custom tattoos done in either place?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭half_dead

As a person with quite an amount of ink (the newset of which I got done in Irish Ink, cheers Ronan) I'd say a lot mixed feelings are thought about both places.

Irish Ink: Ronan (and ONLY Ronan) is the man... my work? came out 110% spot on... my wife's? (not done by Ronan) is going to have to be re-done altogether, neither of us are happy about it, but live and learn... so make of that what you will (I am going back to Ronan to have my arm finished, so that'll tell ya how impressed I was;) )

MetalWorks: Gordon is a fantastic artist, my mate was with him last Saturday to get his half-arm sleeve started and I must say (even though I don't like black-work) it was amazingly good... (but they are a bit more expensive due to being on Shop St. and having more of a Tourist customer-base) plus I've a mate in Zulu in Dublin (who I'm getting more done with this week, hopefully...) who knows Gordon and holds him in high regard.

That help ya?

PS:
    @ WallysWorld - don't be so damn lazy, go in and ask them...:rolleyes:
    @ claregalway Qs - OH FOR CHRIST SAKE!!!! I ain't even gonna answer that.....)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭tallaghtdave

is it illegal to get body or face art on hands face neck etc?
    i was away last year ,and the guy wouldnt do hands or neck etc.
    look at this geezer scary
    http://www.strangecosmos.com/images/content/15218.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Hands I'm going to guess ... its a no no due to veins being so close to the surface ?? (purely a guess) ...

That said you find someone who's good enough ? ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

is it illegal to get body or face art on hands face neck etc?
    i was away last year ,and the guy wouldnt do hands or neck etc.
    look at this geezer scary
    http://www.strangecosmos.com/images/content/15218.JPG

It's not illegal, there are NO laws governing tattooing or piercing in Ireland.
    The thing is that an 18 year old who decides it's cool to get a face or a hand tattoo has no idea what he will be doing in his/her adult life and as a result artists dont want to be the ones who ruined your chances of getting the job you want or otherwise affecting how people see you in life.
    You can be guaranteed that if you have facial tattoos that you will be the one who always has to step out of the line and prove where you are going and what you are doing in an airport for example, it's common sense really not to get a highly visible tattoo unless you are comfortable with who and what you are and know it wont affect you.
    It would also be a really stupid first tattoo to get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭half_dead

Very true... having said that I get away with wearing covering clothes and no-one's any the wiser (collar shirts, long sleeves, no white tops... etc.)

My wife's got both sides of her neck tattoo'd (and both arms, and back, and...and...) yet doesn't really get ridiculed for it, but then again she's a photographer so has the luxury of not having to be 'conforming' to common expectations.... (the darlin'...:p )

As regards tattoo's over hands, etc... I've friends with palm and back-hand tattoo's... they never had problems getting them done, but did think about it long and hard before they went ahead with it... (we're talking years ppl....!!!)

I've the inside of my bicep and wrist tattoo'd, and my wifes got considerable ink on both her wrists... so I don't thing the vein issue would ever be a problem so long as you're responsible enough...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭sam69

Shurely da besht place to get a tahoo done is dat place MAMMY INK off da telly....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭carryboy

might try a temporary tattoo:D

Irish ink or Metal work.. any?

Advertisement