Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell out of warranty procedure

Options
  • 19-04-2006 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

My dell inspiron laptop which i purchased in the states in september stopped working last week and has since been verified that a faulty component is the problem (RAM Memory module). When i purchased it I didnt get the extended warranty as it dosent carry forward to ireland. My question is:

is the faulty component covered by a manufacturers standard 12 month warranty?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

yes, or buy a new module here if its too much hassle

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭shoegirl

If you purchased more than 90 days warranty you could send it back to a friend in the US (just the ram) and get it swapped out.

However might be just as cheap to purchase from Komplett or Crucial.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

Since RAM is so cheap you'd have to think is it worth all the hassle. Might be an idea trying to buy an extended warranty or insurance for the laptop (even 3rd party) now that your here.

Advertisement