Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Subaru Impreza

Options
  • 19-04-2006 5:01pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭

As some of you people know im looking to buy a 2nd hand car.

I have come across a a 2000 Subaru Impreza that looks very nice indeed.
    It has a 1.6L engine,its NCT to march/08, alloys, spoiler and the price is good, but there is always a but...

Its has about 115,000 miles on the clock.
    This seems excesive to me. Is it?

What are these like from a reliabilty point of view? Any weak points I should look out for?

I wont be holding on to it for more then 12 months or so as ill be going to the UK to get something Nice for a lot less then here.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Just found out that it is 2 wheel drive 1.6 GL model.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Ronanom

jank wrote:
    Just found out that it is 2 wheel drive 1.6 GL model.

How much is he looking for?

So any thoughts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

115 k is alot for a 2000 car in that, i would think it was driven hard on.
    any pics?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

Of course its a 2 wheel drive. Only 2 litre and above imprezas are 4 wheel drive.
    I would hazard a guess and say it has been driven hard, as most are owned by people who would like a wrx, but cant afford to insure one, but drive like they have one.... Just check the car sale mags - there are loads of 1.6 ones done to look like wrx ones. I would avoid, and buy a Merc c180, esp if its only for a year.

Yea I say so. He bought it only a few weeks ago and he is selling it now again before putting it through the NCT. Sounds a bit dodge to be.

What matters most do you reckon. The year or the millage of the car. I want a 00 or above if possilble.

It does look nice though, but im thinking along the lines of a Colt instead.

jank wrote:
    Yea I say so. He bought it only a few weeks ago and he is selling it now again before putting it through the NCT. Sounds a bit dodge to be.

What matters most do you reckon. The year or the millage of the car. I want a 00 or above if possilble.

It does look nice though, but im thinking along the lines of a Colt instead.

i think milage.stay away from the deal if he is not putting it through nct.that is 110% dodgy.

drdre wrote:
    i think milage.stay away from the deal if he is not putting it through nct.that is 110% dodgy.

No he is putting it through himself. He has it booked for next week but then is selling straight away. Doesnt make sense to me

jank wrote:
    No he is putting it through himself. He has it booked for next week but then is selling straight away. Doesnt make sense to me

alright if he is putting it through nct then you might think about it.he is putting it throught as cars that have a nct can be sold for more.thats why he is putting it through

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

Well did you ask him why hes selling it, and why if he just bought it?
    Maybe its a genuine enough reason like he`s sorry he didnt buy a real one or something else altogether. Doesnt sound that dodgy, especially if hes nctìng it. He might just have bought it and found its not what he had imagined.

What horsepower are these 1.6 impreza`s anyway? Are they anyway fastish, if its under 120hp, just get a 1.6L non vtec integra or something.

Advertisement