Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW Bora Steering

Options
  • 19-04-2006 5:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭

Hi

I just bough a VW Bora, 47K on the clock, just serviced and new timing belt.

On the motorway home I noticed that there is a vibration in the steering wheel at about 80Kph and higher.

Any ideas what could be causing it?

Regards

B2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Take it to tyre fitter and have the wheels balanced and see if that cures it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Beta2

crosstownk wrote:
    Take it to tyre fitter and have the wheels balanced and see if that cures it.

Yea I have a feeling thats what's causing it, i see there has been a bit of damage to done of the wheels.

I have a six month warranty so it'll be going back for them to fix

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Beta2 wrote:
    Yea I have a feeling thats what's causing it, i see there has been a bit of damage to done of the wheels.

I have a six month warranty so it'll be going back for them to fix

If you see damage at the road wheel, it's possible that the wheel alignment may be out. Check to see if the car pulls to one side when you let go of the steering wheel - if it does you'll need to get to the tracking adjusted too. Check before you bring it back to the garage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Beta2

It was wheel balancing, they fixed it on the spot.

Cheers

B2

Advertisement