Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FFDShow Suggested Settings

• 19-04-2006 5:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭

Here is just some of the settings I use for playback of XviD's with FFDShow under MCE while not perfect they seem good enough in most cases for scaling the XviD's up to 720p. You can access the config from the FFDShow start menu program group under video decoder configuration.

This is the de-blocker section I find that if this is set to high you get a shimmering effect so I prefer to keep it at a lower strength around 20%.
    ff1.png

Adding a touch of noise also helps hide the blocks/artefacts in the video again I like to keep it low with Luma & Chroma noise strength at 5
    ff2.png

The final section I‘ll comment on but haven’t changed anything myself is the brightness/contrast something I've never been able to master quite right. If you raise the brightness/contrast too much then it will show up the artefacts in the video source but in some displays the video will appear too dark. It’s all about finding the right balance anyway you can further adjust those settings independent of your TV's settings in the section below.
    ff3.png

If anyone else has their favourite settings please do share them as experimenting with FFDShow can be a laborious process.

Advertisement