Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

panasonic TH-42PX600 VIERA

• 19-04-2006 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

phoned a dealer today, he said the 600 series wasn't out yet here only in the UK, strange, as I thought it was out here

is it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭kman

Don't know, but the previous model (500) was also out a month or two behind the UK launch. Having to do a production run with UHF/VHF tuners suitable for Ireland was what I was told back then...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭slayer91

Local dealer in Clare told me that according to his schedule, the 600 won't be out until June 2006.

Regards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

only the 60 model is available in ireland at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭YoYOPowder

eoinf wrote:
    only the 60 model is available in ireland at the moment

Cant even find the PX60 anywhere. Does anyone know where its on sale and what price? I think the only difference bewteen the 60 and 600 is TRU Surround and built in speakers on the 600, whilst its just standard surround sound 10W speakers on the 60.

alliance electric on georges st they defo have them saw it there last week.

go in and ask for mark, sound bloke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭465

YoYOPowder wrote:
    Cant even find the PX60 anywhere. Does anyone know where its on sale and what price? I think the only difference bewteen the 60 and 600 is TRU Surround and built in speakers on the 600, whilst its just standard surround sound 10W speakers on the 60.
    I heard the MS RP was a €grand LESS than the 500!!!
    surely that cant be right?

eoinf wrote:
    alliance electric on georges st they defo have them saw it there last week.

go in and ask for mark, sound bloke.

Ha, funny that, only reading ur post now. However went in on Monday last and spoke to Mark. They are reasonably priced, reckon I will purchase on Sat!! :D

Can you tell us what was the 'reasonably price'. I got a price of €2700 for a PV60. but got it down to €2500

Regards

465 wrote:
    I heard the MS RP was a €grand LESS than the 500!!!
    surely that cant be right?
    Is indeed cheaper PX60 is retailing at 2599, but the PX600 according to the guy mentioned earlier in Georges St will be €500 more. You are gaining PIP, additional SD slot and TRU Surround with 4 built in speakers, hence the surrounding bezel is a little thicker, 2 speakers on the side and 2 below. If you want bang for your buck, I reckon the PX60 is the way to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭gipo2

Where in dublin would be the best place to buy panasonic equipment. Looking to buy the new 160gig dvd/hdd recorder when it comes out.

• Advertisement

gipo2 wrote:
    Where in dublin would be the best place to buy panasonic equipment. Looking to buy the new 160gig dvd/hdd recorder when it comes out.

Try alliance electric on georges st, they seemed to have some good stuff. If not Im sure they'll point you in the right direction.

is the pv600 and the px600 the same thing?

isn't the px for uk and the pv for here?

Yeah,
    I believe that its due to a difference in tuners between here England. We need a VHF tuner and they don't.
    Only difference between the PV60 and PV600 is PIP, SD card slot and better sound.

Regards

slayer91 wrote:
    Can you tell us what was the 'reasonably price'. I got a price of €2700 for a PV60. but got it down to €2500

Regards
    Slayer, where did you get that price? Was Alliance also? The cheapest I could get was €2599 for the PV60. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MM3

I see Mitchells in Malahide have it for 2499

M

Was just about to buy the panasonic at a local dealer, but before I did I asked to see his best LCD side by side with it, we played Sky content, HD content, and stndard DVD all on different cables, i.e. Scart for SD, HDMI for HD etc, and do you know what bugged me. The LCD won out on them all. I was sure of plasma, now not so sure. Granted it was a top end 3K LCD 40" V PX60. Stumped again. :(

to those whoo bought the px60 ...

did that price include a stand or was that extra?

465 wrote:
    to those whoo bought the px60 ...

did that price include a stand or was that extra?

Mitchells in Malahide quoted me 2499 for the TV and 200 for the pedestal. Best I got in Alliance was 2650, that included the stand or 3114 with Cabinet stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Twodogs

I'm looking to get a px60 (or px600 depending on budget) and this thread has been idle for a month now.

Has anybody purchased either of these TVs in the last month?
    Where did you get it?
    How much did you pay?
    What was included?
    What was your experience with the shop i.e. were they helpful or knowledgeable?
    Has anybody bought online?
    Have I gone for the wrong make or model?

All advice welcome.

• Advertisement

Twodogs wrote:
    I'm looking to get a px60 (or px600 depending on budget) and this thread has been idle for a month now.

Where did you get it?
    How much did you pay?
    What was included?

All advice welcome.

Well they say the Panny is the best so Id have no issue buying one, but I was swayed to the LCD in the end, but its a personal choice. The cheapest Ive seen the PV60 is on www.katronics.de They deliver to Ireland for €90 and the panel is amazingly low priced at €1747. Dont think you will find it cheaper. Feedback from boards and avforums is that Katronics are pretty good, so Id have no quibble buying off them either. You need to do a bank transfer, no cc accepted and delivery they said is about 5 days.

Twodogs wrote:

Where did you get it?
    How much did you pay?
    What was included?

All advice welcome.

Just a quick note, the PV60 and PX60 are the same, except the PX has a digital tuner (not much use in Ireland), in Ireland they are selling the PV in the shops, so Id go for that one. If you want to see it in action, pop into Alliance Electric on Georges Street, the lads are fairly knowledgeable, much more so than the likes of Dixons etc.

I don't generally have a problem purchasing from the Net.
    Has anybody had any experience with buy a Plasma from www.katronics.de?
    What happens if there is a service problem?
    Will Panasonic support it here in Ireland?

Twodogs wrote:
    I don't generally have a problem purchasing from the Net.
    Has anybody had any experience with buy a Plasma from www.katronics.de?
    What happens if there is a service problem?
    Will Panasonic support it here in Ireland?
    Was also wondering this?

Has nobody bought either of these TV's?

I am just looking to find out where you bought it and how much you paid.

And if the shop was helpful.

Its a big purchase for me and I'd like to get some unbiased advice beforehand.

Cheers

Twodogs wrote:
    Has nobody bought either of these TV's?

I am just looking to find out where you bought it and how much you paid.

And if the shop was helpful.

Its a big purchase for me and I'd like to get some unbiased advice beforehand.

Cheers

Anyone????

its already been mentioned 2-3 times

alliance electric

on georges st

Can anyone explain why the PV60 or 600 is much more expensive in Ireland than the UK?

http://www.johnlewis.com/Audio+and+TV/Televisions/++Shop+by+Screen+Type+/Plasma+TV/230364883/Product.aspx

£1795 is €2614 which is €500 cheaper that anywhere here in Ireland.

the panasonic tvs sold in the uk are different to the ones for the irish market and they wont work over here.

• Advertisement

Tuner differences.

Has the 600 series come out here yet?
    I know the 60 has been out a while.
    what's the retail price of this?(the 600)

Advertisement