Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom BB Carrigaline

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

seems to be working better for me today too. I will be calling the billing dept soon though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭douglasman

corklike wrote:
    Possible disruption to your broadband service
    To enhance the quality of the eircom broadband service, we will be carrying out essential network maintenance on Thursday, 28th April 2006 between 00:01 and 06:01.

If you are an eircom broadband customer in one of the areas listed below, you may experience a 2 hours disruption to your broadband service.

Churchfield
    Dungarvan

Hi corklike, To even further demonstrate how incompetent Eircom are, Thursday is the 27th April, so we can't even be sure whether they mean Thursday 27th or Friday 28th!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭aidanodr

Hi Lads,

Interesting one this - I was talking to a business friend in Douglas / Rochestown area earlier. He told me - as of today that his broadband is now gone slow, not as slow as we were in Carrigaline though. He ran pingplotter and guess what - hugh red areas on the graph and about 20-30% loss on each hop. Have the deckchairs been moved? Is a new thread about to appear - Eircom BB Douglas??

Uh ohh and Cheers
    Aidan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭zen63

Glorious it now works in Carrigaline and I'm happy at home!

Shame that Douglas now doesnt work, where my office is :(

I know that BT run over the eircom system, but i have just moved 1000 euro per month of business away from eircom becuase of this problem and the sheer useless support and accounts staff. Just had enough of idiots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

You're speaking too soon guys, it's still down for me here in Carrigaline. Called support again, completely clueless, they don't know what the problem is let alone know a resolution date.

I'm with BT by the way.

• Advertisement

Hi Guys,

This is interesting - now Im confused. Have they only moved some of the deck chairs? :) Or is the problem still with non Eircom B/Bnad customers only. That they are going to "look after" their own base first. OR will it shift from one customer to another based on Router reboots and who is in first.

Did you guys try a complete reboot - off / on - then disconnect / reconnect -username / password?

Wouldnt surprise me if I tried again tomorrow and found it slow again :(

Lets see what others say ...

Cheers
    Aidan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Mine works \o/

For all those on BT and for all of us really not lookin good:

BT withdraws from broadband negotiations with Eircom:

http://www.electricnews.net/frontpage/news-9682300.html
    According to Danny McLaughlin, CEO BT Ireland "It is with great reluctance that we withdraw from this industry forum. However, eircom continues to frustrate the progress of LLU and we do not see positive indications that a future change of ownership at the monopoly provider will bring a more progressive approach.
    The working group established by ComReg, which our members joined in good faith, has failed to make any impact. Eircom continues to abuse its dominant position in the market and has failed to make any real effort to progress local loop unbundling”, said Tom Hickey, Chairman of ALTO. “In the meantime consumers and businesses suffer.

Arggg
    Aidan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Rippy

My BT is now flying, 1.61 mb down, 194kb up. Thanks for the deckchairs Douglas!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

My UTV BB on the Douglas exchange is just back after being down since about 6. It had been on and off all day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Seems to be completely back to normal for me today!

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

douglasman wrote:
    Not possible to be corrected, no can do, addresses are got from Cork County Council, when I then asked who in Cork County Council should I contact to get my address corrected on my eircom bill, well no reply, they just couldn't care a less, and would rather have wrong information on their computers then bother to fix it. Very few companies would survive with that level of customer service but due to poor regulation, p*ss poor politicans, they can get away with it here.

Did you try and contact Cork Co. Co. directly and see what the issue was ? I can see their point in some ways - the actual street names/road names/ additional names do emanate from the council or are at least managed by them.

douglasman wrote:
    Hi corklike, To even further demonstrate how incompetent Eircom are, Thursday is the 27th April, so we can't even be sure whether they mean Thursday 27th or Friday 28th!

Seems like Eircom must read these boards (Hi Guys!!), official message on eircom.net now reads..

Possible disruption to your broadband service
    To enhance the quality of the eircom broadband service, we will be carrying out essential network maintenance on Friday 28th April 2006 between 00:01 and 06:01.

If you are an eircom broadband customer in one of the areas listed below, you may experience a 2 hours disruption to your broadband service.

Churchfield
    Dungarvan

parsi wrote:
    Did you try and contact Cork Co. Co. directly and see what the issue was ? I can see their point in some ways - the actual street names/road names/ additional names do emanate from the council or are at least managed by them.

hi parsi, no I didn't contact Cork Co. Co. in the end, I agree that they decide street names etc. but my prob was the official Cork Co. Co. street name was the name I wanted Eircom to use, they had the wrong street, so it really had nothing to do with Cork Co. Co., it was a database on a computer system within Eircom that needed updating but it cannot be done. Luckily the postman knows anyway, so it's not a major drama. If you ever need the "Installation at:" address changed on your Eircom bill, it's impossible, whatever goes in first day cannot and will not be changed, but that's Eircom for you. If I was to change over to Smart (I cannot, they are not coming to Douglas) but if they were, I would have to continue to use the wrong street address in my application as it has to be exactly what is on your Eircom bill or Eircom will reject it, it's madness but anyway...

Hi Guys,

Things are moving at pace it seems ... All good news for us:
    Local Loop Unbundling could be one wire closer after Communications Minister Noel Dempsey pledged to beef up ComReg's regulatory powers and put a time limit on current industry negotiations.

http://www.enn.ie/frontpage/news-9682727.html

This is all good ... and about time ... and should have been the case years ago - ie give comreg more teeth.

Cheers
    Aidan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Nearly one month later, my broadband is at last finally working.

:rolleyes:

Advertisement