Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bunny hops

Options
  • 19-04-2006 6:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭

Learned how to bunny hop on my mountainbike last week and I can jump eight inches now, i didn't have a clue how 2 bunny hop until i searched google, the info on the web is great and it comes in handy when there's logs and rocks and stuff on trails, P.S is there any younger members out there as i've been on loads of these forum websites before and i've had to quit because everyone was at least twice my age :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭godfather69er

N05H3AD wrote:
    Learned how to bunny hop on my mountainbike last week and I can jump eight inches now, i didn't have a clue how 2 bunny hop until i searched google, the info on the web is great and it comes in handy when there's logs and rocks and stuff on trails, P.S is there any younger members out there as i've been on loads of these forum websites before and i've had to quit because everyone was at least twice my age :confused:

ye i am young but how young are you??
    if you wanna learn more get art of trials by ryan leech fantastic dvd:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭N05H3AD

ye i am young but how young are you??
    if you wanna learn more get art of trials by ryan leech fantastic dvd:D

i'm 15, yeah Ryan Leech is a legend! do you watch The Ride Guide Mountainbike Show on Extreme Sports on sky, he was on it the other day and he was doin' loads of lurches on big rocks, it was deadly!

N05H3AD wrote:
    i'm 15, yeah Ryan Leech is a legend! do you watch The Ride Guide Mountainbike Show on Extreme Sports on sky, he was on it the other day and he was doin' loads of lurches on big rocks, it was deadly!

you are a bit young for me too i am 18 but who cares??
    nah i dont have sky his dvds are good enough. fundamentals is another good dvd if you into bikes it tells you basics and how to repair them.
    what you ride??:D

you are a bit young for me too i am 18 but who cares??
    nah i dont have sky his dvds are good enough. fundamentals is another good dvd if you into bikes it tells you basics and how to repair them.
    what you ride??:D

Ya, i'm sure i'll find sum1 my age but as you said, who cares! i hav a Probike Recoil which cost about €350, i got it bout 2 or 3 years ago mind, it's completely stock but has new forks as i crashed it straight into a wall and bent the old ones out of shape! I've just recently got interested in MTB'ing so i'm going to improve my skills b4 getin a new bike, l00kedd at the art of trials and it's goin 4 bout €25 on Ebay which is a gud deal i think

N05H3AD wrote:
    Ya, i'm sure i'll find sum1 my age but as you said, who cares! i hav a Probike Recoil which cost about €350, i got it bout 2 or 3 years ago mind, it's completely stock but has new forks as i crashed it straight into a wall and bent the old ones out of shape! I've just recently got interested in MTB'ing so i'm going to improve my skills b4 getin a new bike, l00kedd at the art of trials and it's goin 4 bout €25 on Ebay which is a gud deal i think

mine was e28 in the place i work then i get a discount. where do you go to ride?? you more freeride or trails???

• Advertisement

mine was e28 in the place i work then i get a discount. where do you go to ride?? you more freeride or trails???

Well, there's three main places i go to ride, I live near a golf course where i knacker about in the carpark doin' wheelies and stuff and then there's the forest near the beach which is fast paced, and there's loads of stuff to do it's excellent, i just can't seem to get any air even off the big hills. then i go to an old quarry near my friends house which is full of quad tracks with huge puddles, massive hills and then we go around the roads, it's legend, i'm searching for new places at the mo.P.S what kinda bike shop do you work in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭ash h

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=9877
    There it is.
    Im 15 too.Where abouts in Wexford do you live?

ash h wrote:
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=9877
    There it is.
    Im 15 too.Where abouts in Wexford do you live?

Thanks for that, is a lot cheaper than one on eBay, I'm livin' in Garrylough, where bouts do you live?

N05H3AD wrote:
    Well, there's three main places i go to ride, I live near a golf course where i knacker about in the carpark doin' wheelies and stuff and then there's the forest near the beach which is fast paced, and there's loads of stuff to do it's excellent, i just can't seem to get any air even off the big hills. then i go to an old quarry near my friends house which is full of quad tracks with huge puddles, massive hills and then we go around the roads, it's legend, i'm searching for new places at the mo.P.S what kinda bike shop do you work in?

i amnt gunna say what shop because it aint a good idea teling everybody where yo work coz sombody will always have somthing bad to say. its a big shop which sells everything for bikes from racers to bmx.
    you have more places than me i jus have a **** park with little things in it, then i have howth but its a bit of a trek out and up and with the poxy darts not taking bikes coz they arnt insured but will take prams and wheelchairs isa load of shiite. you should really get that dvd it will tell you how to get air, now you can bunnyhop and wheelie getting air should be easy just time it and the technique is much the same as a bunny hop.
    you should prob do jumps on ur new bike coz you could seriously **** up your current bike

you should prob do jumps on ur new bike coz you could seriously **** up your current bike[/QUOTE]

sorry, don't quite understand that, do u mean i should buy a new bike to do jumps? I was looking in halfords today and they have legend bikes at really good prices, disk brakes on the front and all for just €250, considering that my friend bought a tank of a yolk for €350 just last week i reckon dat dis bike is well worth the money!

• Advertisement

Well i live in Waterford.
    What godfather69er means is that iv you jump the bike you have no it'll break.
    Is there a halfords in Wexford?You could look secondhand for a new bike -
    You could get a far better bike and better value for your money but you'd have to spend more than €250.

ash h wrote:
    Well i live in Waterford.
    What godfather69er means is that iv you jump the bike you have no it'll break.
    Is there a halfords in Wexford?You could look secondhand for a new bike -
    You could get a far better bike and better value for your money but you'd have to spend more than €250.

oh rite now i get ya, halfords only set up bout 2 weeks ago so I'm not suprised u haven't heard about it. wat bike do you have? spendin' more than €250 is no probs, bought "Mountain Biking UK" magazine 2day, it's lethal and has a DVD with loadsa street, dirt and footage from the Red Bull District ride

N05H3AD wrote:
    you should prob do jumps on ur new bike coz you could seriously **** up your current bike

sorry, don't quite understand that, do u mean i should buy a new bike to do jumps? I was looking in halfords today and they have legend bikes at really good prices, disk brakes on the front and all for just €250, considering that my friend bought a tank of a yolk for €350 just last week i reckon dat dis bike is well worth the money![/QUOTE]

if you are doing jumps you will have to spemd minimum bout e250, if its halfords avoid apollo like the plague they arnt designed for that type of riding. if you want to jump you can tell me the bikes you were looking at and ill give you advice. you wont get a gud jump bike with discs for e250, if you really like jumping id advise you to get a kona jump bike bit more expensive but the frames are up with the best check out www.konaworld.com .a good jump bike will have a frame of less than 16inch with about 100mm travel in the forks. discs arnt important.
    dont get the gt chucker it is ****e the amount that have come back with stuff broken that shouldnt break on a new bike. look at www.halfords.com and check out the saracen bikes. saracen are known for giving you alot of bike for a small amount when compared to GT kona etc.

sorry, don't quite understand that, do u mean i should buy a new bike to do jumps? I was looking in halfords today and they have legend bikes at really good prices, disk brakes on the front and all for just €250, considering that my friend bought a tank of a yolk for €350 just last week i reckon dat dis bike is well worth the money!

if you are doing jumps you will have to spemd minimum bout e250, if its halfords avoid apollo like the plague they arnt designed for that type of riding. if you want to jump you can tell me the bikes you were looking at and ill give you advice. you wont get a gud jump bike with discs for e250, if you really like jumping id advise you to get a kona jump bike bit more expensive but the frames are up with the best check out www.konaworld.com .a good jump bike will have a frame of less than 16inch with about 100mm travel in the forks. discs arnt important.
    dont get the gt chucker it is ****e the amount that have come back with stuff broken that shouldnt break on a new bike. look at www.halfords.com and check out the saracen bikes. saracen are known for giving you alot of bike for a small amount when compared to GT kona etc.[/QUOTE]

thanks a lot, am more into trails and singletrack than dirt jumping. have already looked at halfords website and also i was thinkin of gettin' a Saracen as they look good and are at decent prices, i don't need neting 2 gud like. Hav u eva cycled mnt. Leinster or know ne1 who has coz i'm plannin' 2 do that via up the road and down thru the forests, but i'm also plannin' 2 go down it like a mad c*** and i don't think my bike will handle it.

N05H3AD wrote:
    dont get the gt chucker it is ****e the amount that have come back with stuff broken that shouldnt break on a new bike. look at www.halfords.com and check out the saracen bikes. saracen are known for giving you alot of bike for a small amount when compared to GT kona etc.

thanks a lot, am more into trails and singletrack than dirt jumping. have already looked at halfords website and also i was thinkin of gettin' a Saracen as they look good and are at decent prices, i don't need neting 2 gud like. Hav u eva cycled mnt. Leinster or know ne1 who has coz i'm plannin' 2 do that via up the road and down thru the forests, but i'm also plannin' 2 go down it like a mad c*** and i don't think my bike will handle it.[/QUOTE]

no i never rode that trail before. your bike should be fine if the trail isnt too heavy, just dont do it often and make sure the bike is workin 100% before you go out.
    dont do it on your bike if there are drops, steps steep edges with rock taht you want to go down. if you want a trail bike get a cross country they can be used for commuting too.
    get a hard tail dont touch a dual suspention unless it is e900 to e1000.
    check out the carrera range at www.halfords.com look at the carrera kraken and the carrera vulcan, they are fantastic value only prob is they run sram which i dont think personnaly are as good as shimano deore, but if you havnt had rapid fire or anything above shimano acera you prob wont notice and the shifters ar weird both push rather than the shimano push and pull rapid fire.

check out the carrera range at www.halfords.com look at the carrera kraken and the carrera vulcan, they are fantastic value only prob is they run sram which i dont think personnaly are as good as shimano deore, but if you havnt had rapid fire or anything above shimano acera you prob wont notice and the shifters ar weird both push rather than the shimano push and pull rapid fire.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the advice. will the ride be much harder on a hardtail?

Hardtails are easier to pedal.You dont really need a full suspension bike unless you are doing downhill or big drops.For single track a hardtail would be grand.
    Heres a pic of mine - it was €400 it has a avid arch rival front brake now as well.

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/?op=view&image=355945

N05H3AD wrote:
    check out the carrera range at www.halfords.com look at the carrera kraken and the carrera vulcan, they are fantastic value only prob is they run sram which i dont think personnaly are as good as shimano deore, but if you havnt had rapid fire or anything above shimano acera you prob wont notice and the shifters ar weird both push rather than the shimano push and pull rapid fire.

thanks for the advice. will the ride be much harder on a hardtail?[/QUOTE]

no its actually comfortable.unless you sit down on the rough which would be insane.
    they tend to be lighter so you will control and pull off jumps and tricks easier.
    less moving parts which is a major factor.
    in my opinion the carrera bikes are amzing value fr what you get. mae sure if your getting one that it has very good parts, avoid anything without a dropout, make sure you can get the pads for the discs easily(harder that you think on cheaper bikes) at least 80mm travel with adjustable travel.

no its actually comfortable.unless you sit down on the rough which would be insane.
    they tend to be lighter so you will control and pull off jumps and tricks easier.
    less moving parts which is a major factor.
    in my opinion the carrera bikes are amzing value fr what you get. mae sure if your getting one that it has very good parts, avoid anything without a dropout, make sure you can get the pads for the discs easily(harder that you think on cheaper bikes) at least 80mm travel with adjustable travel.[/QUOTE]

I'm startin' to sound like a robot now but thanks again for the advice. i rarely ever sit down on the bike anyway and can't afford and would have no use for an expensive dual suspension bike. was looking at the carrera range and i think the vulcan looks the best and is in and around my price range. P.S wat bike do you have, feel free to brag if it's a legend one!

How much money do you have to spend?
    Iv just seen a nice kona hardtail for sale.

• Advertisement

ive a 2005 kona firemountain like the one below. it was the last good fire mountain this years is overpriced muck in my opinion. except i have now got shimano deore rear derailleur, a cnc machined alloy stem to replace the long kona one, panaracer tyres, mudguards. if i were you id go with the vulcan fantastic value so it is. if you are interested i can get you a brand new carrera fury for e649 it a 16" frame you would have to collect from dublin though.

www.bikeaddiction.com.au/mtb05/kona/konimg/fire_mountain.jpg :cool:

ive a 2005 kona firemountain like the one below. it was the last good fire mountain this years is overpriced muck in my opinion. except i have now got shimano deore rear derailleur, a cnc machined alloy stem to replace the long kona one, panaracer tyres, mudguards. if i were you id go with the vulcan fantastic value so it is. if you are interested i can get you a brand new carrera fury for e649 it a 16" frame you would have to collect from dublin though.

www.bikeaddiction.com.au/mtb05/kona/konimg/fire_mountain.jpg :cool:

Fairly lethal alright, it's just a pity that you don't have many places to ride. Will probably get the vulcan, i just have to get a proper look at it in real life first.

ash h wrote:
    How much money do you have to spend?
    Iv just seen a nice kona hardtail for sale.

Thank's but i think i'm gonna go ahead with Godfather69er's advice and get the Vulcan :)

This hardtail is either €500 or €600 i cant remember.It has marzocchi forks on it.
    Ill get a full spec if you want.Did you ride Mt leinster.Id say it wouldn't be that good.

ash h wrote:
    This hardtail is either €500 or €600 i cant remember.It has marzocchi forks on it.
    Ill get a full spec if you want.Did you ride Mt leinster.Id say it wouldn't be that good.

no thanks on the full spec, haven't ridden mt. Leinster yet am waiting to find a gud day and see if my friends are interested do you know any good spots around? forests, mountains etc?

Theres a downhill track in bree i think.Dont know of any other spots though - if you live near it i suppose vinegar hill would be ok.The bad the about places like mt leinster is the push/ride to the top.

ash h wrote:
    Theres a downhill track in bree i think.Dont know of any other spots though - if you live near it i suppose vinegar hill would be ok.The bad the about places like mt leinster is the push/ride to the top.

Yeah it would be a fair oul' push but if you leave early and having nothing else planned for the day you can take your time and enjoy it. Vinegar hill has nothing really i was walking there a few weeks back, Bree sounds gud i may check it out, how often do you go riding?

I go riding around my garden everyday - i got jumps and berms and stuff like that to mess around on.

ash h wrote:
    I go riding around my garden everyday - i got jumps and berms and stuff like that to mess around on.

sounds good, i built a ramp down in my field but i can't get much air off it, i don't go on it on my bike though i use my brother's BMX, did u build the jumps urself? and how big is ur garden?

• Advertisement

My gardens pretty big about an acre.I built most of the jumps my self.Most of them are made out of pallets but i have a few made out of dirt.Im gonna build more for the summer.

Advertisement