Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banning Subscribed Users

Options
2»

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Most mods understand the futility of arguing a banning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

lol :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

Grimes wrote:
    does boards.ie view the transfer of money as a "donation" because i was under the impression i got an email address and avatar freedom and extended PM space.Surely a donation implies I got nothing in reurn for giving boards money? And im not saying immunity from being banned. I just mean a propper standardisation of bannage in one forum especially when I pay to use it (even if i dont have to)
    They call it a donation so they don't have to pay tax.....

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Skyuser wrote:
    Little more to it than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Skyuser wrote:
    Actually, they call it a donation purely so threads like this one don't appear every second day, and no court summons appear on Tom's doorstep.

If they were actually making any profit, they would have to pay tax regardless of whether the income was a "donation" or not. Boards.ie is not a registered charity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

seamus wrote:
    Actually, they call it a donation purely so threads like this one don't appear every second day, and no court summons appear on Tom's doorstep.

QUOTE]

Yes, wrer payments to b emade an excerotion to ards ro bosarsd. chaos woule nensure and boards would descen into chaors. I s ee aubsrcition as a donation to the site and nthing more. In facct is i saw myself being treated differently to any othert user i may feel offendeted and ma stast a fight the poert threadno ultining m grievances, as many others havben fone efire me,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

grimloch wrote:
    seamus wrote:

QUOTE]

Yes, wrer payments to b emade an excerotion to ards ro bosarsd. chaos woule nensure and boards would descen into chaors. I s ee aubsrcition as a donation to the site and nthing more. In facct is i saw myself being treated differently to any othert user i may feel offendeted and ma stast a fight the poert threadno ultining m grievances, as many others havben fone efire me,

Quoted for integrity of the original message.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

you my friend are drunk :D

Grimes wrote:
    you my friend are drunk :D

AS your maotjtr used to say, @ill show you dunrk@ Get to your roomh yoa.ilttel troublrmakert. Ill soret you out tomorrow mornin./

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

How did you manage to spell tomorrow right?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Well done Truckle :D

Was that even English grimloch? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

see, i'm just imaging a really drunken autobot right now - its hilarious :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

grimloch wrote:
    If subcribers were to recieve better treatment chaos would ensue and boards would descend into anarchy. I myself see subcription as a donation to the site and nothing more. If indeed I believed I was being treated differently to any other user I may feel offended and start a fight the power thread outlining my grievances, as many others have done before me, ooo something shiny, I dont need no stinking water, I had loads to drink already, did you ever wonder why you have sixteen fingers, I love you guys.

-

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

grimloch wrote:
    Post of the Month tbh.

I also want to say I agree with everything Grimlocked said, I just wish I had the balls to as straight with everybody, as he has been. GG Grim!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Skyuser wrote:
    Is this going to be another conspiracy theory about boards being more interested in money than they want to suggest?
    1. Boards is very interested in money. Money lets boards buy goods and services. This is good for boards.
    2. Boards is not interested in sucking to get money. Not sucking is more important than money.
    3. The donations are called donations because they are donated.
    4. There is no conspiracy

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

LOL!
    like they actually make enough money to pay tax :/

My word. I'm surprised I was able to log in to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

dont know why you were banned, but you have access again.

and you posted on AH 3 times by the way, not once.

Nice one thanks...I'll read the charter now...promise :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Gordon wrote:
    4 actually.

I'll buy an abacus too while Im at it lol

TOTR folks, cheers.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Well, this thread acted as a timely reminder to me to renew my own subscription and I noted during the process that there was a complete lack of any promises or offers of services by boards.ie in exchange for subscribing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Grimes banned from Games Cat for being a complete ****.

if i was sober enough

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

stevenmu wrote:
    Well, this thread acted as a timely reminder to me to renew my own subscription and I noted during the process that there was a complete lack of any promises or offers of services by boards.ie in exchange for subscribing.

Its a known fact that subcription gives perks therefore it is a contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Ivan wrote:
    All I can say is, you UCD crowd have no idea how easy ye get it.

If I was ruler of that... err, *ahem*... mod of that forum, I'd ban about 90% of ye.

And since when did people have to get a warning before being banned? As far as I'm concerned, reading the charter is your first warning and if you fail to read the charter... well then...
    100% agree with this.

The sh*t that UCD boardsies (and I include myself in this) get away with is unreal. I am in no way blaming peachy or truckle for this, cos ya can hardly ban every1, but... "Warning" people never seems to achieve anything - bannings do.

OT: It's irrelevant whether the Subscription is a contract or not in any case, as nowhere in the transaction is preferential treatment promised or hinted at in the event of a "ban" situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Ivan wrote:
    With all due respect to the upstanding citizen that is Grime, when I read this thread I thought he got banned for his crap on this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054919653

Thats not bad at all! That was tame, compared to some of us.

Ivan wrote:
    All I can say is, you UCD crowd have no idea how easy ye get it.

If I was ruler of that... err, *ahem*... mod of that forum, I'd ban about 90% of ye.
    Firstly, Peachy is a fine mod and a lovely person (and yes she has banned me). Most of us have seen each other around UCD and thus would not take offence as easily as if complete strangers had said it. I think that the atmosphere in UCD boards is pleasent and clear with insults being rare and trolling good-natured.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

amp wrote:
    Grimes banned from Games Cat for being a complete ****.

if i was sober enough

what have I done?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭joseywhales

It's seems to be fashoinable to report me, so since I'll be banned anyway, everyone might want to whome their shooting skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Reported^

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Grimes wrote:
    I , like many other users PAY to use boards through the subscription fee and to be banned "willy-nilly" by other users constitute a breech of contract if the banner is not able to fully stand by his/her bannage 100% or bans subscribers and does not ban non subscribers for simular posted material.

Think about this logically. It doesn't make sense to say that you pay to use boards. You were using boards before you paid and would still be able to use boards if you hadn't paid. We don't charge anyone to use boards. Your subscription fee pays for the other perks or some sort of warm fuzzy feeling depending upon your psychology (or possibly access to that sexuality forum in which case this would be relevant but we'd still ban you).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

What a dreadful thread!

• Advertisement
Advertisement