Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HAIR STYLIST very very very urgent.....

• 19-04-2006 7:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭

I need a haircut NOW.
    Or maybe Friday if I make an appointment. My hair has been butchered by a cow of a woman and it needs to be sorted ASAP or else I will give in my notice at work as I cannot leave the house looking like this. I have thick wavy mid length hair which has now been "thinned out" by a hag but only one one side and I look as if I have sprouted wings on either side of my head.
    It has been hacked. Am in the midlands but will travel to Dublin and money is no object at this point...... please help...........................need recommendation!!!!

ps I am a middle aged girl......

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 pl babe

hi jus wondering where abouts you are because im a hair dresser in waterford city

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

oh my gawd I am in Mullingar.......

Waterford..... I can travel 1 1/2 hours but not 4!Thanks anyway, if that was an offer! I am this close (--) to getting out the clippers and shaving it all off:(
    I have to work tomorrow (with a hat on thank god we're not busy) and then I'm off till Monday so any more suggestions please!I cannot stress how urgent this is. You know how it is when your hair is WRONG. I am now officially hideous.
    Anyone in Mullingar will know who I am - the one with the bad hair..............

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Ahaha I know exactly how you feel.

Recently decided to get my long hair cut a bit, ended up with it an inch longer on one side than the other, and way shorter at the back, and generally uneven all around.

Eventually got a friend, handed her a scissors and said 'Start chopping'.

Is there a hairdresser you normally go to? Or you've heard people say they go to? If you're in Mullingar, from my vague recollection there are one or two good places in Athlone - isn't the Trevor someone or other college there?

Here's one tip - always look at the hairstyles of the people working there.

Silverfish wrote:
    Ahaha I know exactly how you feel

Recently decided to get my long hair cut a bit, ended up with it an inch longer on one side than the other, and way shorter at the back, and generally uneven all around.
    Eventually got a friend, handed her a scissors and said 'Start chopping'.
    Is there a hairdresser you normally go to? Or you've heard people say they go to? If you're in Mullingar, from my vague recollection there are one or two good places in Athlone - isn't the Trevor someone or other college there?
    Here's one tip - always look at the hairstyles of the people working there.
    Great - try and recollect a bit better, I need NAMES!!!!!! All the gals working where I had it cut had long hair in a ponytail:mad:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Okay well, its been 10 years since I lived there, but the internet is your friend......

4 pages of them Here or more here

Peter Mark in the shopping centre in Athlone, they can normally do rescue jobs.....er....make sure you take a look at the place you choose first though, if its above a betting shop and has pictures of hairstyles from the 80's chances are they won't know what to do.

• Advertisement

Silverfish you are so so helpful but I can't be doing with a random list of hair salons - I need to know where someone who has had their hair majorly buggered up can go and get it fixed, like in an actual place:D

Peter Mark is totally out of the question (bad experience) and so are obscure little private salons where old ladies go and everyone talks about what they ate for Sunday lunch. There is a Peter Mark here in Mullingar but noooooooo.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭She-Ra

I know you're freaking out but i think your going too far... i had the MOTHER of all bad hair cuts... its actually indescribable it was so bad. the first place to give me an appointment i went to... it was my mam's regular place (says it all) but lo and behold they worked a little miracle :) i came out of the place wanting to cry with happiness, i paid and tipped the woman 20 quid... bad hair over.
    If your hair is that bad nowhere will make it worse so just get it done anywhere

She-Ra wrote:
    I know you're freaking out but i think your going too far...
    If your hair is that bad nowhere will make it worse so just get it done anywhere

NOT TRUE:D This has happened once before to me and a very bad haircut was made even more horrific resulting in me having to walk around with my eyebrows raised for three weeks as I was given a one inch long fringe :) So I do know the perils of walking into just any old where in desperation.

Anyways I now have an appointment in Dublin for tomorrow morning, so fingers crossed especially as it will be costing a small fortune but no price is too high.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

Hair grows!! :D

:D Done!
    Went to Dublin, talked to Kevin, sat for an hour with conditioner or something on my head, and I am now delighted. Had to a have a bit more off than I wanted, but it looks good - I am not ashamed to leave the house now. Paid an awful lot of money but I have to say.....
    ....I'm worth it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

You better be really goodlooking with the fuss you made!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheesedude wrote:
    You better be really goodlooking with the fuss you made!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course:) But even if I was minging, that is no excuse for bad hair.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

dragona wrote:
    :D Done!
    Went to Dublin, talked to Kevin, sat for an hour with conditioner or something on my head, and I am now delighted. Had to a have a bit more off than I wanted, but it looks good - I am not ashamed to leave the house now. Paid an awful lot of money but I have to say.....
    ....I'm worth it!!

Where did you go?

Pythia wrote:
    Where did you go?

I went to Sankeiv in Trinity St, am delighted with the cut but for sure can't go again at that sort of money.€75!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 clinton

I also was in Sankeiv 4 weeks ago for a rescue haircut and paid 75 euro but that was for a conditioning treatment and a haircut. The haircut was only 57 which I thought was excellent as that's fairly average around Dublin but the result was way above average :D:D I'll definitely be back as they told me the treatment was only necessary once or twice a year and my haircut would be berween 57 and 65 euro, more than worth paying for peace of mind and a haircut like this plus the atmosphere makes you feel like you've known everyone for years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Anna1955

I had my Hair done in Sankeiv on Trinity Street in Dublin on saturday gone, i drove up from wexford for the day and tought i would treat myself to a blowdry for my dinner with family later that evening, firstly I was waiting 40 minutes to have my hair washed and was sitting in the basin room with water dripping all over me(no such thing as towels), then when I hear that the woman who is supposed to be doing my hair cant, i get an untrained blonde girl that had previously ''washed'' my hair but still has conditioner in it, started blowdrying and she noticed it was not right carried on anyway and finished it!! In the end i had to pay something like 35/40 euro for this and i ended up going somewhere else and getting it done again!!! She must love her job!!!icon5.gif
    Anna....icon8.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Are there any reasonable hairdressers in Mullingar? I'm desperately in need of mine being done but I've not got a lot to be spending on that, been keeping it myself for five months but now it's just too much...

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭sonners

Anna1955 wrote: »
    I had my Hair done in Sankeiv on Trinity Street in Dublin on saturday gone, i drove up from wexford for the day and tought i would treat myself to a blowdry for my dinner with family later that evening, firstly I was waiting 40 minutes to have my hair washed and was sitting in the basin room with water dripping all over me(no such thing as towels), then when I hear that the woman who is supposed to be doing my hair cant, i get an untrained blonde girl that had previously ''washed'' my hair but still has conditioner in it, started blowdrying and she noticed it was not right carried on anyway and finished it!! In the end i had to pay something like 35/40 euro for this and i ended up going somewhere else and getting it done again!!! She must love her job!!!icon5.gif
    Anna....icon8.gif

Anna I have to say you should have complained and you definitely should'nt have paid for that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Indulgence on Blackhall St.

When you book an appointment make sure to book Lizzie to do your hair, she is the only one who will do your hair exactly the way you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭scarymoon1

got my hair cut in peter mark recently - disaster. short at front like a bob - long at the back. its horrible - i dont know how she thought it would suit me - maybe if we were in the 80's! so now my hair is going to be tied back for months until it grows back :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

This thread is 3 1/2 years old!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement