Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD Burner

Options
  • 19-04-2006 8:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭

just wondering does anyone have any tips for speeding up the time it takes to burn a dvd. i've got a samsung dvd burner x16 and it takes an average half hour to burn a dvd with 4gigs of information

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

tom thumb wrote:
    just wondering does anyone have any tips for speeding up the time it takes to burn a dvd. i've got a samsung dvd burner x16 and it takes an average half hour to burn a dvd with 4gigs of information

what programme you using? and what is the write speed of the DVD itself?

D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭tom thumb

roxio dvd creator and it will only write at x4. The computer is a 3.0ghz P4 with nearly two gigs of memory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Are you using re-writable media? They always burn more slowly.
    Personally I get less coasters by burning at the slowest speed possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭tom thumb

nope just regular dvd-r.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭riptide

tom thumb wrote:
    roxio dvd creator and it will only write at x4. The computer is a 3.0ghz P4 with nearly two gigs of memory
    Not been smart, but if it writes at 4 speed thats what its gonna be - 30mins for the 4 gigs. Your processor is more than adequate. My 16 speed will write a full 4.7gig dvd-r in 6 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 GavinX

Just one thing. How can you have "nearly" 2 gigs of ram? Do you mean you have 1.5GB :rolleyes:

The burn time seems to be ok to me. I agree with running the burn slowly ... let problems.

Advertisement