Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

GPS Software

• 19-04-2006 8:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,150 ✭✭✭

I've just bought this GPS reciever off Ebay and was wondering what GPS spftware to buy and where to buy it. Obviously, I'd like Navteq maps so I can upgrade when the 100% maps come out. What software uses Navteq maps? Where can I buy it?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,150 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Anybody?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭woody

My Best Mate got this yesterday and has drove from cork to dundalk last night :

http://www.66.com/route66/products.php?cid=IE&prodid=2189

It has navteq's most updated maps about 90 to 95% coverage...

I used Route 66 2005 and was by far the best...

I am going to email them about a group buy as it is a great system

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Have both Autoroute + Route 66 drivin to dublin tomorrow so going to try 1 going up and the other going down will let ya no... Autoroute is the winner so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Bam Bam

I use city select version 7.

But have discovered a flaw or two

1. It doesn't know about the luas
    2. It tries to send you the wrong way around St. Stephens Green

But for the most part its grand.

Have both Autoroute + Route 66 drivin to dublin tomorrow so going to try 1 going up and the other going down will let ya no... Autoroute is the winner so far

Symbian or PPC, I think Route 66 Symbian version is a great version by far

• Advertisement

Bam Bam wrote:
    I use city select version 7.

But have discovered a flaw or two

1. It doesn't know about the luas
    2. It tries to send you the wrong way around St. Stephens Green

But for the most part its grand.

You got a link to this ??

I Like the look of the Route 66 but my PDA (Palm TX Tungsten) isn't listed as compatible. :(

Aw bugger, you have the option of Mapopolis although they do not update there maps at the same rate as other GPS Software vendors :o

Hmm, I was looking at Navigon MobileNavigator5 on GPS Ireland, my PDA seems to be compatible with it but it seems just a tad expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Bam Bam

http://www.garmin.com/cartography/mapSource/cityselectEuro.jsp

http://www.tigergps.com/gaeucisesove.html

Links for info on city select europe version 7.
    Google is your friend:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭BigMoose

Has anyone tried Distinator 6? They are claiming to use the Q1 2006 Navteq maps which has to be a good thing for Ireland. Although I'm not convinced its actaully been released yet. I've found the odd comment of people claiming to use it, but nothing concrete on how good it is for Ireland.

Ok, so, Route 66 doesn't work with my PDA, neither does Navigon MobileNavigator5. Does anybodu know of any GPS software that works on PalmOS?

www.mapopolis.com

you can download the demos and try before buying it

Do you have to buy the Irish maps by county or can you buy it all at once?

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Ro-76

BigMoose wrote:
    Has anyone tried Distinator 6? They are claiming to use the Q1 2006 Navteq maps which has to be a good thing for Ireland. Although I'm not convinced its actaully been released yet. I've found the odd comment of people claiming to use it, but nothing concrete on how good it is for Ireland.
    Looks as though Destinator 6 is not available yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭BigMoose

Ro-76 wrote:
    Looks as though Destinator 6 is not available yet.

Yeah, I've come to that conclusion. Their press release said by the end of April... Anyway The AA now have a product that claims 100% Irish coverage. Anyone used that??

Regarding Mapopolis, I have been following their beta forums and have used their software for a while. Although what has really dissapointed me is the speed and ability of them to produce new maps. They are still on 2004 data for Europe, which for Ireland in particular is next to useless. Given the speed various competitors seem to get map data out, I cant take Mapopolis as a serious player any more. On the forums they've been promising new European map data for over a year now and still no sign...

Advertisement