Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lost my License.. (Grr)

Options
  • 19-04-2006 8:48pm

I have misplaced my license, it's only my first provisional and i have had it since November, how do I go about getting a replacement license as i cant take anymore lessons, or sort out my Insurance before i get a replacement.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

go to your local Garda station and fill out a statement form that they'll provide and stamp, you then will also get a D800 form for a replacement license

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Then go in person to the tax office to get the replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

If your local tax office is anything like Limerick City Council you'll be hard pushed to get near the office wiothout them locking the doors after their "hard" day's work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭$Leon$

ninty9er wrote:
    If your local tax office is anything like Limerick City Council you'll be hard pushed to get near the office wiothout them locking the doors after their "hard" day's work
    tax office in navan is no better. open from 930 till 315. q starts building up from 830am one morn i was there recently. didn't realise is wasn't open till 930

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭TommyK

colm_mcm wrote:
    go to your local Garda station and fill out a statement form that they'll provide and stamp, you then will also get a D800 form for a replacement license

You don't need both. If the licence is still current, the Guards can give you and application for a duplicate one. You fill out the top and they (the Guards) fill out the bottom.

Then send it with 2 pictures and 5 euros to the Motor Tax Office.

That's it...

Tommy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

when i lost my licence i needed it really quickly as the next day i needed to produce it in court.nutgrove tax office looked after me so well that it took me max 5 mins to get a new one and i was happy:D

Advertisement