Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mondeo 2.0 TDi LX

Options
  • 19-04-2006 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭

considering buying a 05 model diesel with 11000 miles for 20K
    whats that like as a price seems a bit good have to examine the car in detail tomorrow
    anyone got one whats it like for consumption,performance and quaility
    thanks for any help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭boomshackala

had a 04 diesel LX and 05 diesel Zetec....Zetec had too much power..so much so that I was pulled over by the cops who complained of not being able to keep up with me.

Lx is fine imo.....nice bus. If the 05 model has the electronic temperature ctrl thingy thats a plus. Great handling car, nice suspension...alot better than my current vectra!

only downside is its a tad on the boring side...not to many enamouring qualities...have u looked at a 407?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

had a 04 diesel LX and 05 diesel Zetec....Zetec had too much power..so much so that I was pulled over by the cops who complained of not being able to keep up with me.

Lx is fine imo.....nice bus. If the 05 model has the electronic temperature ctrl thingy thats a plus. Great handling car, nice suspension...alot better than my current vectra!

only downside is its a tad on the boring side...not to many enamouring qualities...have u looked at a 407?
    the new 407?own a 307 and milage high so need to sell while a little hot lol 407 a small bit out of price range like the look of the mondeo but will miss my gadgets auto light and wipers and a car that practically talks to you lol

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The LX TD is absolutely woeful.

You need the Zetec, but not the 130, as this is junk

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The Mondeo LX TD is really an old unit and not very powerful for a 2.0 litre diesel. The Zetec TDCi is much better, nicer to drive, just as economical and better equipped. You will pay a bit extra for this model but it is worth it imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,662 ✭✭✭maidhc

Just be careful, earlier Zetecs are tuned TDDIs are far as I know. Still 115bhp, but an old fashioned diesel pump.

• Advertisement

that wouldn't bother me, it's still an alright unit, but the 90bhp is painful!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

its a 05 so im not worried abot the car physically itself just wjat it can do thanks for the replies

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭cyborg

colm_mcm wrote:
    The LX TD is absolutely woeful.

You need the Zetec, but not the 130, as this is junk

Why is the 130 junk? Is is a different engine to the 115?
    I thought it was the same just tuned higher???

It is tuned higher, and taken beyond the engines and transmissions capabilities. My mate works for Ford, and they are accepted to be a troublesome car.

Advertisement