Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland v Hampshire

• 19-04-2006 9:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone going along to Castle Avenue on Sunday?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

have to work,but will be sure to watch it on sky,come on ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

At the mo... forecast is for showers, 60% chance of rain and 12 degrees....

you reckon there will be a good crowd?

I'd say there will be a few, but there is no news of tickets etc on the ICU site..... what with the Leinster/Munster game on too.. hard to say...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

yeah...i'll be at the rugby. :( Bloody typical the way everything is on at once.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Ichiro

If you go onto the the Clontarf cricket website you'll get the info your looking for. It's 15 - 10 euro for entry and payment is at the gate I think, I can't see people rushing to see it because of the Rugby match, but saying that I'll be there.

Come on Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Will watch it on Sky. 10am coverage starts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

cant see too nig a crowd what with the rugby, but it'll be good to see if we can keep up our decent form

"Patchy outbreaks of rain are likely in the east and south through Saturday night but these will probably be very light. This rain will die away on Sunday morning and the day will become bright and dry with good sunshine as the winds fall off light. A cool day with temperatures of 13 to 15 degrees at best."

Looking good.... It will test the new drainage anyway :)

Ichiro wrote:
    If you go onto the the Clontarf cricket website you'll get the info your looking for. It's 15 - 10 euro for entry and payment is at the gate I think, I can't see people rushing to see it because of the Rugby match, but saying that I'll be there.

Come on Ireland

thats not bad value,dam why do i have to work:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭smarty

I heard yesterday that some "big wig" in clontarf was not going to allow the rugby to be shown on TV in the bar, because there would be "important" people from the cricketing world there and he didn't want unruly rugby people to cause a scene!

DMC wrote:
    Anyone going along to Castle Avenue on Sunday?

I don't think Afridi is going ;)

Still might make it.. not sure...

Anyhoo... as predicted, Warne or Pietersen don't come over.

Hampshire (from)

1. N POTHAS ( Wicketkeeper )
    2. J CRAWLEY
    3. S ERVINE
    4. D THORNELY
    5. M CARBERRY
    6. G LAMB
    7. K LATOUF
    8. D MASCARENHAS
    9. S UDAL ( Captain )
    10. C TREMLETT
    11. J BRUCE
    12. R LOGAN

10:45am start...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭cgf

Ireland 33-1 after 10 overs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Come on Ireland

Just back from the match....

The result...
    Ireland 202
    Hampshire 206/2 (33.4 ov)

All in all, Ireland posted an under par score... 250 should've been gettable... Hampshire's fielding and bowling were woefull. Logan opened his bowling account with a 12-ball over... shocking.. not seen again :D
    Extras had a good day too.

Bowling wasn't Ireland strength today, Saqlain wasn't up to much, but Hampshire got some lucky edges.

Plus, the 3 man "Blarney Army" were good value :D Good vocal contingent from Hampshire too.

But, top marks to the groundsman for a excellent pitch for April, and a great bright sunny day.

Now, to rewind the Sky+ box... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Dubhelp

Are we going to get thumped in the world cup if we cant even put a half decent perfomance against hampshire.

I'm sure, for both teams, there was a lot of early season rustiness. This was Ireland's first game of the summer, their warm-ups were rained off, and Hampshire had only two days out of four at Lancashire in the county championship. And Hampshire were no great shakes.

Early days yet.

DMC wrote:
    I'm sure, for both teams, there was a lot of early season rustiness. This was Ireland's first game of the summer, their warm-ups were rained off, and Hampshire had only two days out of four at Lancashire in the county championship. And Hampshire were no great shakes.

Early days yet.
    optisium,i like it;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Lisa Mag

The game was a bit ****.. the weather was great though!!! :D

Poor Botha went out on a duck!! and Morgan was caught for 17... :(

Roll on the 13th June Ireland are playing in Stormont still trying to get tickets though! :D

Anyway i gotta go to Cricket Training so toodles!! :p

• Advertisement

Lisa Mag wrote:
    The game was a bit ****.. the weather was great though!!! :D

Poor Botha went out on a duck!! and Morgan was caught for 17... :(

Roll on the 13th June Ireland are playing in Stormont still trying to get tickets though! :D

Anyway i gotta go to Cricket Training so toodles!! :p
    god:eek: an irish lady into cricket,respect;)

county wrote:
    god:eek: an irish lady into cricket,respect;)

LOL... insert stereotypical box joke here. :D

Welcome along, I'd like to hear more of the womens scene here.

Relax there County :D There is a strong Ladies following of Cricket in Leinster...

I play for North County Ladies team... 2nd Division

@ DMC - most clubs in Leinster have 2 womens's teams we'v only got one... advertising for more... so girls all welcome, NCCC is one of the leading Cricket venues in the country!!! :D

Yeah i love cricket, started back training last nite, my back is in bits from bowling.... obviously didn't warm up enough :D

@ DMC i see you were at the Match on sunday... what did yo think of it?? Botha & Morgan play for my club, well Morgan not so much cause he is mostly with Essex now!

are you going to the Stormont game in June?? our club have 15 tickets at 50yoyo a pop, so they want to see who is interested in going before they hand them out... i bet the lads will get them all!! :mad:

Lisa Mag wrote:
    @ DMC i see you were at the Match on sunday... what did yo think of it?? Botha & Morgan play for my club, well Morgan not so much cause he is mostly with Essex now!

Didn't think either side were in top gear, tbh. But I would put that down to Hampshire and Ireland not playing all their players, and rustiness.
    Lisa Mag wrote:
    are you going to the Stormont game in June?? our club have 15 tickets at 50yoyo a pop, so they want to see who is interested in going before they hand them out... i bet the lads will get them all!! :mad:

Stormont looks unlikely, taking two midweek days off work is kinda out, and I don't fancy going up and down in the one day, and miss the enjoyment. :) It's a pity that Sky are not going to show it either.

I plan to go to their next C&G match in Dublin, which I think is on the 11th June against Sussex, but I'll keep an eye out for the Intercontinetal Cup game against Namibia, and see if it goes to the Sunday.

oh i thought the rest of the C&G matches were outside the republic!! :eek: thats brill if there is another one in Dublin! I must ask Botha tomorrow he is playing at home tomorrow i hope the weather holds out! :p

I think we are gona get either the train or a mini bus to stormont cause i always end out driving everywhere and never get to have a few cold ones :rolleyes:

i was talking to Eoin Morgans brother yesterday he said there a loads of tickets left for sale on the cricket Ireland Website

Lisa Mag wrote:

Botha & Morgan play for my club, well Morgan not so much cause he is mostly with Essex now!

When did Morgan join Essex?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Yeh thought he was at Middlesex myself

:eek: soz... it is middlesex :rolleyes: i always say Essex, don't know how i get them two mixed up lol :D

Advertisement