Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does David Cullinane have shares in Waterford Today?

• 19-04-2006 10:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

I ask in a cheeky fashion cos if more than two weeks goes by without an article puffing up his thoughts on a local matter I start to miss the old boy.

Is he just give good PR or does the freebie have a vested interest? No other local politician else comes close for regular coverage.

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

mike65 wrote:
    I ask in a cheeky fashion cos if more than two weeks goes by without an article puffing up his thoughts on a local matter I start to miss the old boy.

Is he just give good PR or does the freebie have a vested interest? No other local politician else comes close for regular coverage.

Mike.

Mike, the shinners are like the SWP - churn out endless reams of $hite and are for everything and against everything. It's sickening. But they may well hold the balance of power at the next election. I hope, in that instance, that the Parish pump politics of FF/FG are put to one side and they form a national government in order to keep them out.

The country will be doomed otherwise.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

And the waterford today will print anything that you send in to them. Seriously...you want your shopping list made public?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

Freddie59 wrote:
    Mike, the shinners are like the SWP - churn out endless reams of $hite and are for everything and against everything. It's sickening. But they may well hold the balance of power at the next election. I hope, in that instance, that the Parish pump politics of FF/FG are put to one side and they form a national government in order to keep them out.

you know what really scares me...... the people that are in power today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Not half as much as the shinners......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Have you ever heard of paper refusing ink?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭col o

Why?Unprecedented prosperity in the south.No war in the North.

The thing you should be frightened of is Sinn Fein holding the balance of power.

col o wrote:
    The thing you should be frightened of is Sinn Fein holding the balance of power.

When that happens that will be my cue to leave the country.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mike65

Mike.

Freddie59 wrote:

Mike/Freddie

I noticed that they have finally laid their cards on the table regarding the proposed rezoning of an unused part of Wyse Park.This is because Brendan McCann and his pressure group have been out collecting signatures opposing the rezoning.

This is similar to what they did for the Brewery shopping centre after the Bru ha ha (As Comrade Jerry would say:D ) by McCann and Co.In both cases they were fairly ambivalent about the issues until you read their pronouncements in the papers.David Cullinane had absolutely nothing to say at McCanns meetings regarding the Brewery.All of a sudden he announces in the paper he opposes it.He obviously tests the water and if it is not a vote catcher he won't touch it.

I voted Cullen the last time because I believe he would be in the best position to adress some of the deficits in Waterford and I believe this has happened.I hate FG but would rather see them in power than SF.It is about time that FF/FG put aside the civil war politics once and for all.

Bond-007 wrote:
    When that happens that will be my cue to leave the country.

You better leave before.Otherwise you might be trying to cross the Irish sea in a tractor tyre.Its a lot colder than the florida straits:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭meldrew

Put it this way Mike if that rag was'nt free would you go out and buy it ? Cullinane knows that it is probably the only paper that most of his voter base read thats why he's so cosy with them .
    Dont forget that the editor is also from the same political mould as him (hard left) but he does'nt go around telling everyone about his holiday home in Spain ! But he does advertise it in his paper !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Maybe a little off topic, but I caught a quick glimpse of the waterford today newspaper yesterday and I was disgusted to see pictures of the easter march in town.. now people have a right to march but WHY the need to wear black bouncer jackets and black berets??

Are they having a laugh?? " We're a democratic party, we just like to dress up like some lowly bunch of enforcers. " Come on SF, anyone at all can see that the old ways are still very much in force.

SF could easily get into goverment if they didnt pull stunts like that.. so in a way Im thankful that they put their black jackets and steel toe boots on once a year.. hopefully they'll do it just before the election to remind people exactly what they're voting for.

Im tired of watching Waterford Today slide down that road of putting Sinn Fein on as many pages as possible. I totally respect anyones right to vote for them and to be a member of that party, and I know they have some decent people as members, but this just isnt needed in this day and age.

Edit.. sadly I wasn't mistaken.. This is on the front page of the Waterford Today newspaper. Pretty much sums it up. Yes.. people have the freedom to march to commemorate whoever they want, but do it in a more respectful way.

18036.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

Back on topic... If you read about Cullinane.. you will note that he wants to protect Wyse Park. The Brewry application and what Waterford City council want to rezone is not the park but the bit of tarmac at the top of the park which is at the back of the old swifts furniture place (now wit art college).

As part of the brewry application it had plans for a hotel there overlooking the park which would have added security to the place so that drunks and wino's would not go there. as it stands it is a very isolated place welcoming all kinds of unwelcome persons that you wouldn't want come knocking on your front door.

He also maintains that it would destroy the resedential element of the city. Where on earth in the developed World will you find a City with semi-detached suburban houses right in the middle of the business district. This is a total underuse of valuable land and is not sustainable (Brendan McCann are you reading this).. The residents are complaing about lack of amenity and being overlooked,. They are right in the middle of a City FFS what do they expect.

If the rezoning goes ahead it will bring more life back into the city with more residents more life and how can anyone tell me that a hotel is not an amenity!!!.

If the City Council can CPO the ESB offices then I hope they CPO the area around New Street, Michael Street, Stephen Street, ALexandar Street and put together a plan themselves and sell this to a developer thus making a profit for the CIty Council to further invest in new play areas and green spaces etc.

Failing this a developer will buy this piece-meal and make a tidy sum for themselves. Either way a development of sufficient scal and size has to happen and soon or we will be all going to New Bridge in Kildare for our shopping after all they have the largest shopping centre outside of Dublin.

Is this what we want to become? a satellite town to New Bridge or Kilkenny or wherever? and see money being sucked out of this city and being spent there instead

So Mr. Cullinane if you are reading this and all those who vote for you stop the loonacy now or we can kiss our economic future goodbye.

Rant over :mad:

These two mercenary ****ers are only looking for votes.The only reason they got in was because of a radiotherapy protest vote.Sinn Fein jump on the Bandwagon for every local and populist issue going such as the Rossport gas pipe line.They don't give two ****s about anyone.If Waterford sends one of these arseholes to Dail Eireann you can completely write off the city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭meldrew

I think we're going to hear a lot more of this little muppet between now and the election next year , sf are targetting this constituency for a seat so they'll be jumping on every bandwagon in town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭mad man

Thats what I was afraid of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

2 Press releases disguised as news articles last week, one this week plus a letter to the editor. He's a busy boy.

Mike.

All his own work? I wonder if SF HQ is his ghostwriter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Tanabe

Lads forget about politicians - they're all gangstars! Why do ye think Cullinane is ANY different?

Waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

Tanabe wrote:
    Lads forget about politicians - they're all gangstars! Why do ye think Cullinane is ANY different?

Waste of time.

There's a well though out piece of political analysis there for you. If you have evidence that Cullinane is a gangster or is complicit in any crime, could be please hand it into the garda siochana. Otherwise spare us the rhetoric!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

Tanabe wrote:

Waste of time.

Then how do you suppose that we can get a University, Improved Services, More and higher paid jobs etc....

Politcs and through politicians are the only way we are going to get the above. At the next election we must vote strategically and not historically

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Cullinane is a complete muppet and anyone with 2 brain cells can see that.

However the type of voter they tend to target are the "sheep" kind, following the flock or whatever ya wanna call it and dont know how to think for themselves, so if you get one guy in that flock who is willing to speak up and convince the others to go the way he wants, then a lot of people will end up voting for him.

SF's policies with regard to Europe are absolutely frightening.. I'd have to agree with another poster here, if they get into government, I'm outta here.. :eek:

Advertisement