Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

O2 X1 Product Recall

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

this is ancient:D , anyway it is a good story as you get any phone worth up to 199 euro for free from the speakeasy range.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭N90user

Anyone want to give me one :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

Bit of a thread resurrection this but I just spent half an hour in the attic and found my old X1 and charger. Woohoo! Actually came to the mobile section to check out what might be a suitable new phone for me to replace my Fubar motorola V180. (ie in the same price range) Glad I found this old thread.

tbh my reading of the recall notice on the O2 site is that someone who still uses the phone gets a €199 replacement and people who no longer use the phone probably get a cheaper replacement. Still. A free phone!! :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭MyBaby

Calibos wrote:
    Bit of a thread resurrection this but I just spent half an hour in the attic and found my old X1 and charger. Woohoo! Actually came to the mobile section to check out what might be a suitable new phone for me to replace my Fubar motorola V180. (ie in the same price range) Glad I found this old thread.

tbh my reading of the recall notice on the O2 site is that someone who still uses the phone gets a €199 replacement and people who no longer use the phone probably get a cheaper replacement. Still. A free phone!! :D:D

Ye I had one lying around the house. Brought it into o2, added 10 euro and got a V3 brand new. Alrite for a phone that wasnt being used,:)

Calibos wrote:

Well, just got back from the Bray 02 shop and...........got myself a RazR V3!! :D So I can confirm that although this recall notice may be ancient, its still valid and I can also confirm that my suspicions that owners who haven't used the phone in years may only get a cheaper replacement is definately not the case. My broken X1 has been in the attic for over 2 years IIRC and I still got a €199 replacement. Well I added €30 to it to get the €229 Razr V3......but then again, I still get the €90 free credit! So I have a lovely new free phone and am still €60 in the black :D

Fair play O2!

And many thanks to the original OP for not using search and reposting a thread about an ancient recall!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

i found my mum's old x1, just with battery though, no charger.

will i still get €200 discount? should do imo. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Yeh, you will smemon - you don't need the charger...

ciaranfo wrote:
    Yeh, you will smemon - you don't need the charger...

I wonder. Did you get a refund on an X1 without charger ciaranfo? Its just that the recall is actually about the charger itself, ie there is a very slim change it would catch fire.

Regardless, its most certainly worth a try smemon! Free €199 phone! Woohoo! :D

Calibos wrote:
    I wonder. Did you get a refund on an X1 without charger ciaranfo? Its just that the recall is actually about the charger itself, ie there is a very slim change it would catch fire.

yeah thats what i was thinking, my sister brought back hers a month ago with the charger and got €200 off.

anyways, i noticed a few x1 chargers for sale on the net even still, so if the worst comes to the worst i'll buy one for maybe €20 delivered :D

smemon wrote:

anyways, i noticed a few x1 chargers for sale on the net even still, so if the worst comes to the worst i'll buy one for maybe €20 delivered :D

Sneaky!..................But I like it!! :D:D

• Advertisement

@smemon - I've seen it done many times. As for the theory of just bringing in a charger ... no chance .. it's not gonna catch fire on it's own!

ciaranfo wrote:
    @smemon - I've seen it done many times. As for the theory of just bringing in a charger ... no chance .. it's not gonna catch fire on it's own!

you mean you've seen people take in just the phone?

Many times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Yeah my mam had one of these, didn't want to bring it in! I had to force her! LOL! Junk phone.

ciaranfo wrote:

I think he means that he will buy an x1 charger for €20 on the net and bring that in with his chargerless X1 phone that he already has. Obviously he only needs to do this if they didn't give the 200 euro replacement for X1's without chargers. ie He forks out for a charger but he in effect gets 200 back from O2.

Rereading it now for a 43rd time it makes sense :)

Advertisement