Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RLI 2006 Team News

Options
  • 19-04-2006 11:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭

Carlow Crusaders and Malahide Lions have joined RLI for the 2006 season. The teams are sure to bring a lot to this years competition and their performances will be eagerly watched by all involved. On behalf of RLI we wish both teams success this season and that they enjoy the introduction to Rugby League.

Welcome also to the Athlone Arrows. Athlone were due to play in the 2005 competition and are sure to be looking for a big impact as they finally get started in RLI.

The Eastcoast Eagles, one of the oldest teams in the competition have under gone a revamp and are now the North Dublin Eagles. They will play their games in ALSAA beside Dublin airport.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

Athboy Longhorns
    Athlone Arrows
    Carlow Crusaders
    Dublin Blues
    Dublin City Exiles
    Kildare Dragons
    Kilkenny Wildcats
    Malahide Lions
    North Dublin Eagles RLFC
    Portadown
    Portlaoise Panthers
    Treaty City Titans
    Tullamore Knights
    Waterford Vikings

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Great to see all these teams in the competition - seems like only a couple of years ago there were 6 teams nationwide and you were in the knockouts after 2 games!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Eoin... do you play? If so, with who?

I played last year with the Eagles, but the move to the northside makes it totally impractical to play there.

Would be interested in playing with a team where I knew anyone (even vaguely through a message board!).

Eoin... do you play? If so, with who?

I played last year with the Eagles, but the move to the northside makes it totally impractical to play there.

Would be interested in playing with a team where I knew anyone (even vaguely through a message board!).

Howyeh Mike,

I played for the Dublin Blues for a while up until a year ago, so wouldn't have played against the Eagles last summer. I have played with and against Wayne and a good few of the lads on various tours though, really sound bunch.

The Blues train in the Phoenix Park which is a bit of a pain, but their matches may still be in Blackrock, which is a little closer for us.

I hadn't realised the Eagles had moved to the north side before now, was thinking of joining up with them until that :(

Eoin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

Great to see so many teams this year - might get down to a game or two this season again. North Dublin Eagles - is North Dublin not on the East Coast?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

Man down....well, Malahide anyway....so the rumour goes :(

BigDragon wrote:
    Man down....well, Malahide anyway....so the rumour goes :(

yeah, there's mention of it on the Eagle's Forum. They're hoping to pickup the players who were going to play for Malahide.
    eoin_s wrote:
    Howyeh Mike,

I played for the Dublin Blues for a while up until a year ago, so wouldn't have played against the Eagles last summer. I have played with and against Wayne and a good few of the lads on various tours though, really sound bunch.

The Blues train in the Phoenix Park which is a bit of a pain, but their matches may still be in Blackrock, which is a little closer for us.

I hadn't realised the Eagles had moved to the north side before now, was thinking of joining up with them until that

Eoin

Yeah, there were rumours of a move last year. Training in St. Anne's Park and will be playing home games in ALSAA. Agreed on them being a sound bunch. Don't know if Liam Nevelling is returning for the season, great player (especially if you believe everything he tells you!!!).

In terms of ease of getting to training/matches, it looks like the Exiles is the most convenient option (play and train in Terenure RFC), but then you'd have to put up with the Gick.

My old American Football team (Dublin Dragons), used to train in Phoenix Park and it was a major pain in the hole getting there, then they moved out to Lucan :rolleyes:.

Ever played Union, Eoin? My club (Stillorgan) is always looking for players. Nicest club I've ever played with or against! None of the usual club bull...
    PM me for info.

yeah, there's mention of it on the Eagle's Forum. They're hoping to pickup the players who were going to play for Malahide.

Yeah, there were rumours of a move last year. Training in St. Anne's Park and will be playing home games in ALSAA. Agreed on them being a sound bunch. Don't know if Liam Nevelling is returning for the season, great player (especially if you believe everything he tells you!!!).

In terms of ease of getting to training/matches, it looks like the Exiles is the most convenient option (play and train in Terenure RFC), but then you'd have to put up with the Gick.

Think I have had too many run-ins against the Exiles to play for them! And don't like the gick anyway :D
    Ever played Union, Eoin? My club (Stillorgan) is always looking for players. Nicest club I've ever played with or against! None of the usual club bull...
    PM me for info.

Union is actually my first sport - only played league to keep fit during the summer. I play for Seapoint (based in Ballybrack) at the moment - as handy as it gets for Greystones - obviously apart from Greystones itself.

Does anyone like the Gick? :D

What position/team do you play for in Seapoint... Maybe see you next season!

I play anywhere in the front row (i.e. equally crap at 1,2 and 3), but most comfortable at loose head prop. Have given rugby a back seat the last season or two, but generally on the 1st team or the squad. You thinking of coming down?

• Advertisement

eoin_s wrote:
    I play anywhere in the front row (i.e. equally crap at 1,2 and 3), but most comfortable at loose head prop. Have given rugby a back seat the last season or two, but generally on the 1st team or the squad. You thinking of coming down?
    Nah... I'll stick with Stillorgan. It's the first club where I've ever felt at home and I've mate some good friends/mates there. If you're looking for a run out pre-season, we've got a 7's tournament in September.

I played mostly J4 last season, as I was just coming back from a back injury, but hopefully will get some time with the J3s next season. I'm a tighthead, so we're bound to (literally) knock heads!

Heheh... we've totally hijacked an RL thread. Sorry boys...

Advertisement