Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Troubleshooting a wireless client

• 20-04-2006 12:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭

Here's the problem - I have a wireless ethernet bridge DLink DWL-G810 which can "see" all the networks in the neighbourhood, including mine. After selecting the desired network and typing in all the required settings (password, etc), I noticed it still could not get onto the network - web sites failing to load, etc.

This started to happen recently, and I have tried restoring all the settings, hardware-reset the G810, checked the MAC access details on the router, etc., but to no avail. I am reluctant to come to the conclusion that it is broken - most likely the RF transmitter blown or something.

Something else I can try? I have thought of getting a replacement, but this defeats the purpose of this post.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

• start->run->cmd. type "ipconfig /all"
    • Check to see if it is getting an ip assigned to it by the router.
    • Ping the router/gateway ip address
    • Ping 82.195.136.250
    • Ping www.boards.ie

Post results back up here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭WUSBDesign

I use a Mac, so it's "click", "click" away for the most part :-).

Anyway, I know the network controls in MacOS is indicating that the G810 is giving an address which is completely un-related to that I assigned to the network (subnet mask 255.255.255.0). A borrowed netgear ethernet bridge works perfectly OK with the exact same settings.

Funny thing is that I can see the network the G180 sets up in the ad-hoc mode.

Advertisement