Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

which wireless router is good for IBB user?

• 20-04-2006 2:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭

Hey,guys,i would like to look for some inforamations about wireless router.the situation is that i just got 1 MB breeze from irish broadband company,and i am gonna share broadband with three others.thus i do need router for us,but i do not konw router so much,And router must has traffic shaping functions,thus who can gives some good recommendations to me,please,thank you very much.:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

I'm sorry...my eyesight isn't what it used to be... make it bigger and use a brighter colour.

Ask IBB.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Wizzlewozzle.

I mean eh... ask IBB.

Further edit: Reverse the polarity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Dear Merciful Jebus!
    What the hell is wrong with you!

Have you no compansion for anybody that may have to read that drab you typed in such horrible font colour and size.
    You dont need a router you need a ****ing frontal labotomy, to save the rest of us the torture of having to do anything else but watch you drool on yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Yeah you are better of getting a router to DHCP to the rest of the PCs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

gilbert wrote:
    Hey guys, I would like to look for some information about wireless routers. The situation is that I have recently had 1 MB breeze from irish broadband installed, and I am going to share the broadband with three other people. As such do we need a router? I do not know much about routers, And it is a requirement that the router must have traffic shaping functions. So can you give me some good recommendations, please and thank you very much.:D

Right,

If you're looking for decent routers then i suggest a linksys brand, with a built in switch.
    If your friends, who you are sharing the connection with, have WiFi (wireless) cards then to save on un sightly wires i would suggest a router such as the Linksys WRT54G.

You can find many on sites such as
    www.komplett.ie
    www.dabs.co.uk
    www.elara.ie

All of those sites deliver to ireland at reasonable rates.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

gilbert wrote:
    Hey guys, I would like to look for some information about wireless routers. The situation is that I have recently had one MB Breeze from irish broadband installed, and I am going to share the broadband with three others. Thus, do we need a router? I do not know much about routers, and the router must have traffic shaping functions. Who can give me some good recommendations? Please help me, "I is WEBTARD". Thank you very much.
    Grammar Nazi...
    Glad to help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

I have IBB breeze and use a Linksys WRT54G. Works perfectly. The firmware that comes with it does not allow traffic shaping, but you can install a third party firmware that supports this.

However, looking at your post, this is probably beyond your ability. No offence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 288 ✭✭gordonnet

a coat hanger will be better with the speed of IBB network

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 EX_DJay

Who can advertize me about antenna and management war finishing solutions?

Advertisement