Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Traffic Corps (Me Arse)

Options
  • 20-04-2006 7:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭

Yesterday I witnessed a Garda 4x4 break a red light at White's Cross going from the N11 up to Leopardstown, followed by some guy in a van!!! No attempt to pull him over or whatever... then further up the road at a junction where they have recently put bollards up to prevent right-hand turning, what do I see, a car trying to turn right by squeezing between the bollards... I couldnt believe my eyes... Garda 4x4 sails past ... Now I no for a fact these boys were in no hurry because I overtook them further up the road... Absolutely incredible...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Drax wrote:
    Yesterday I witnessed a Garda 4x4 break a red light at White's Cross going from the N11 up to Leopardstown, followed by some guy in a van!!! No attempt to pull him over or whatever... then further up the road at a junction where they have recently put bollards up to prevent right-hand turning, what do I see, a car trying to turn right by squeezing between the bollards... I couldnt believe my eyes... Garda 4x4 sails past ... Now I no for a fact these boys were in no hurry because I overtook them further up the road... Absolutely incredible...

thats the traffic corps for you.they are just lazy.but then again some of them do there job right.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

They may have been on 'donut' time! I've seen similar incidents where the Gardaí have paid no attention to potentially dangerous driver behaviour. The old question of enforcement etc, etc. If I was the offending party I'd probably get stopped...............

Advertisement