Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Video Sender or AV Sender

• 20-04-2006 7:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭

Can't find the correct forum to be posting this on, but this is close!

I got a big new tv, it's off in a corner of the house that has no aerial cables, I need to recieve 1,2,3 and 4 on this telly, but don't want to route all the cables.

Can I get a video sender of similar that willl allow me to watch them, from what I've seen in the shops my only option so far is to buy an AV sender that works off SCART leads. This would mean having to hook it up to a Video Recorder somewhere else in the house and using its tuner to change channels (ok because AV sender also sents remote control's signal back to VCR)

Is there any other ideas out there, interior amplified aerial won't do the trick by the way

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

TBH, it would be easier and cheaper to get a bit of RF to the outher aerial point, or buy a decent aerial for on top of the TV you've got.

From what I've found, the A/V or RF senders are rubbish, unless you spend big money.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

cabling isn't an option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

You can get A/V Senders that will send a Composite signal, however you need to convert the RF to Composite, and if you did that, you'd only be able to watch one channel IE the one that you've selected on the device that's converting the RF to Composite.

Do a search for A/V Sender.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

ok, went down to Argos and bought a cheap Video Recorder (€54) and an Audio/Video sender. The Video recorder is connected to the AV sender with a SCART lead, and the AV reciever is connected to my TV with another SCART.

The AV sender I got allows you to use the VCR's remote control and control all its functions even though it's at the other end of the house.

The VCR has its own tuner so I've stored the channels on the VCRs presets. now to change channels I use the VCR remote control. Next step is to set my TV's remote control up to work the VCR......

Reception is perfect too! only problem is the microwave interferes with the reception!

Advertisement