Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

You thought texting in the car was bad?

Options
  • 20-04-2006 9:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

I saw some guy on a moped yesterday, one hand on the handlebars, and one hand texting, I mean is it that important you have to text straight away, and how hard is it to pull over on a moped:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

I still see far more women than men talking on there moblie phones while driving.

Can any girls please inform us of the great need to be constantly talking on the phones 24 hrs a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I was stuck behind a guy yesterday who was on his phone and writing notes at the same time!!! He sat thru a complete change of lights despite me (and others) dancing on our horns - he was totally oblivious. Muppet.

Anyway- that's my rant for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

See people texting on bicycles, motorbikes, cars, trucks etc...

I saw a truck go through a pedestrian crossing due to the driver texting. Luckily the people managed to get out of the way. When passing cars you'd be amazed at the amount of people texting or writing while driving. I once counted thirty people texting on the M50 between Tallaght and the Redcow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

thats just ridiculous.these people should really be caught.but who will catch them as most guards do the same ,they are on the phone will driving.
    there is something seriously wrong with this government

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Yeah,......its the governments fault.......
    For feck sake......take responsibility for our actions....its not the governments fault.....its the fault of the people that text or use their phone while driving....
    Bad driver behaviour is not all the governments fault.
    Most of it can be stamped out by a single individual. Road deaths are one part of Irish society where each and every one of us can make a difference.
    People talk about a nanny state being a bad thing yet constantly blaming the government for issues such as this only highlight that we believe that we are not nannies enough!
    Granted the government can do their bit.....I think a lot of guards use mobiles as the radio system they use in not great in parts of the country, a point highlighted by the GRA, the government could provide a better system. The government could probably ensure more enforement of laws that are there as well.

Texting while driving is a disgrace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

well i was driving on the m50 yesterday and i seen this oul lad shaving... i was shocked

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

kluivert wrote:
    I still see far more women than men talking on there moblie phones while driving.

I am inclined to agree, although I don't like to generalise either.

I know several girls, who concentrate more on conversation with their passengers, than on the road.
    Once I was in the back seat, and there was two women up front chatting. I noticed a car up ahead, that was going to pull out without indicating. I knew the girl driving had not noticed, as she was so busy relaying a story to the front seat passenger. So I politely interrupted to point out the potential danger. But the reaction I got stunned me. The driver got irate with me for interrupting her at an important part of her story! This was more important to her at that time than the safety of herself & her passengers & other road users.

I have had similar experiences several times.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I once passed a girl on horseback (on the road !!) ...she was texting as well ...no hands on reins ...

At least in a car when you let go of the steering, you can expect the car to keep going straight ...not so with a horse ...especially not when said horse is spooked by passing traffic :eek:

Advertisement