Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black and white output on a projector ..any suggestions?

Options
  • 20-04-2006 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭

dear all,

i need a suggestion or 2 cos i am running out of ideas...

i have a nvidia GV-NX66T256DE (its for a htpc). i can get a monitor working no problem. when i connect it to the projector using the dongle connector (fa supplied attachment) all i get on the projector is black and white. i have tried the s-video and composite (it appears composite doesnt work at all but i have not put too much effort there yet)

i have tried the following with no luck

set the card to PAL , combo, ntsc -- still black and white
    i have reduced the quality to 480 lines -- still black and white

so here is the tricky bit....anyone else gone thru the setups on this. i suspect it is a few settings changed at the same time, perhaps its the hertz setting..

anyone got any ideas that i can plough thru tonight?

thanks a lot

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

If the projector had a VGA connector then I'd say that on very old PC's ( early 1990's) a video card would default to B&W display if it didn't see a colour monitor on startup. not likely to be your problem but connect the cable then power up the projector first, then the PC on the off chance.

What model projector is it in case someone knows about it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

If the projector had a VGA connector then I'd say that on very old PC's ( early 1990's) a video card would default to B&W display if it didn't see a colour monitor on startup. not likely to be your problem but connect the cable then power up the projector first, then the PC on the off chance.

What model projector is it in case someone knows about it ?

its a sony vplvw11ht....it has component and svideo connectors...i will try that and see capt....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

is it the same when u connect it to a telly also?

i had a similar issue before with an old dell lappy, whenever i connected it to anything through the s-video it would do the same. i believe i changed the resoluton down very low then changed the location/format to Ireland/pal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

SoundWave wrote:
    is it the same when u connect it to a telly also?

i had a similar issue before with an old dell lappy, whenever i connected it to anything through the s-video it would do the same. i believe i changed the resoluton down very low then changed the location/format to Ireland/pal

i had the same problem with a gfx card before, turned out the card was faulty, they replaced it and it worked fine.

also check the cables and adapters you are using on another graphics card.

Advertisement