Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quick suggestion?

Options
  • 20-04-2006 10:53am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭

can't remember if i suggested / asked this before but how and ever:

how come boards doesn't have the rep points thingy that other vBulletin sites have?? IMO i think it'd be a nice little extra and a bit of fun as well
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

don't you remember we did have it, but it got so stupid and was such a mess that we decided to get rid of it.
    do a search in this forum for previous threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

It was done away with after a lot of rep bitching threads and rep whoring threads.
    *cough*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

ah right coolabool, can very vaguely remember rep points I thinks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

+1 rep!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

miju wrote:
    can't remember if i suggested / asked this before but how and ever:

how come boards doesn't have the rep points thingy that other vBulletin sites have?? IMO i think it'd be a nice little extra and a bit of fun as well

we got rid of it after i got voted most popular person on boards.ie, and all the other mods got jealous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Grrr!

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

We got rid of it twice :V

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

well they do say three's a charm LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

There's a reputation system built into your brain. As long as it isn't too easy to change usernames it works better than any built into any forum.

http://www.shirky.com/writings/group_enemy.html as some good stuff on that (and some less good too).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Indeed, you are all assigned rep in my head and various notebooks.
    Some say it is a kill list, I just tap my nose.

• Advertisement
Advertisement