Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

o2 Web Text now charging

Options
  • 20-04-2006 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

I suppose it's a good and a bad thing. I remember they used to give 500 (or was it 300?) free texts a month and now it's only 250, but before when you used up 250, you couldn't send any more, now you can, but you are charged the normal text rate, which is ok I suppose since it's sooo much easier to type on a keyboard:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭Genghis

They have been doing this for a while now. It is a good service, I think, because as well as being free, webtexts are easier to send - especially if you are sending the same message to a number of people. Also, I always liked O2's scheduling service whereby you can send texts in the future.

Its a pity they don't offer 300 texts like the others, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

They've been doing this for ages (and by ages I mean over a year).

It was originally 500 texts, but it was cut down to 250 in exchange for the phonebook (which is incredibly handy, and is worth the 250 less texts imo). I know the other networks have phonebooks now too, but the o2 one is by far the handiest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

shame they still dont come outta your text bundles after the 250 :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I've never been able to figure out why anyone would want or need to send that many texts in a month. What do ye /say/ like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭tck

Well I use it and also let my g/f use it to send me texts.

Handy for sending texts abroad too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Ken Shabby wrote:
    I've never been able to figure out why anyone would want or need to send that many texts in a month. What do ye /say/ like?

Some people just have entire conversations back and forth, one line each way.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Some people just have entire conversations back and forth, one line each way.

I hate that, but it happens!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Stevie2006

ciaranfo wrote:
    shame they still dont come outta your text bundles after the 250 :(

They do come out of your bundle after you go over the 250, well on my bill account they do. Dont know about Speakeasy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I've been onto O2 3 times Stevie2006 and they've confirmed each time that they don't. In my own experience they don't.

Are you sure they're coming out of your bundle?

Advertisement