Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Adobe pdf writer doesn't have A5?

• 20-04-2006 12:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭

Doing an A5 sized document in Word (2000). I am rying to write it to pdf with Acrobat Writer 6, but it doesn't have the A5 size selection. Does anyone know what the equivalent size that is in its list of sizes would get me out of a spot of bother?

Seanie.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

PdfCreator didn't do A0 so modified a config file to add it.

I'll try the latest PDF creator version and do up an A5 if necessary and report back when I've more time.

Workaround:
    Word / Acrobat Reader / Foxit Reader should allow you to print two A4 pages on to an A4 piece of paper. ( you'd have to generate the pdf first - and Foxit reader is still a bit flaky around the edges but it's a tiny fraction of the size of Acrobat reader and doesn't need huge patches ever few months )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

Thanks Captain.

This is for an A5-sized booklet I had to have done for today. Now, when everything is done and I'm ready to 'print', can I only find out that Adobe doesn't have this basic command in it. Very annoying, and very very frustrating. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

A5 = 148 × 210 (mm)
    In the Printer Properties - just Add/Modify - call it A5-SM ("A5" isn't allowed...it's as though it's already an entry..but...well... *shrug*)
    Put in the dimensions...
    And that should be it... ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

PDFCreator 0.9 seems to do from A0 to A10 ( 1.01 x 1.04 inches :rolleyes: )
    as well as a load of interesting sizes like HDTV :D

sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator FTW

You may need newer versions of Acrobat Reader to do the multiple pages per sheet trick. Foxit reader might work - it's a MUCH smaller download than Acrobat and they have fixed a lot of printer issues.

Advertisement