Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crysis screenshots. Unbelievable...

Options
  • 20-04-2006 12:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭

Screens (take a seat first)

What are the minimum requirements for this game going to be?! A small Dell factory?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Those landscapes are scarily realistic...I mean that forest shot, there must be a couple of thousand leaves in it alone, all to map and add effects to.

What is this anyways...fps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Cry tek makers of Far Cry and its buddies next gen engine.

PC and 360, those screenies are for PC.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭So Glad

Check out the shoots of the faces! They look real. As in, standing in front of you real.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

KdjaC wrote:
    Cry tek makers of Far Cry and its buddies next gen engine.

PC and 360, those screenies are for PC.

kdjac

This has been announced for nothing but the PC and from all interviews I've read they aren't considering next-gen consoles yet. Maybe E3 will reveal more.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Good, God...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Savaiste!

What are PC owners gonna need to run this? 2 X Physics Cards, 3 X Graphics Cards - The Xbox version will look like Jetpac on the spectrum compared to that!
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Vyse wrote:
    This has been announced for nothing but the PC and from all interviews I've read they aren't considering next-gen consoles yet. Maybe E3 will reveal more.

crytek announced they're re-working the engine to work directly with the ps3's architecture. they didn't say crysis would be coming to ps3, but i'd say it's a safe bet

I'm planning on getting a new PC. One things for sure, I'll be waiting for this to come out before I spend my (not so) hard earned cash. Until then my 360 and current PC (with 256MB 9800 Pro) will do;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Ubisoft bought the company there a few weeks back so I'd say we'll see the engine used in games across all the next gen consoles.

To be honest, you can't tell anything about a games visuals from screenshots anymore. Need to see the game in motion (and from gameplay camera angles, not some stupid flyby dramatic ****) to have a hope of judging.

Ok then. Here is two movies for you. You wont believe this:

Two Movies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

So Glad wrote:
    Ok then. Here is two movies for you. You wont believe this:

Two Movies
    Wow!!

Its hype people, watch the video for the original Far Cry now and it looks nothing like the game that came out.

As above Ubisoft bought them and it will be X360 as with all the other Far Cry buddies that came out.

kdjac

crytek announced they're re-working the engine to work directly with the ps3's architecture. they didn't say crysis would be coming to ps3, but i'd say it's a safe bet

Have you got a link to this? That would be interesting. I read that they had looked at the PS3 but didn't realise that they were doing any work on it.
    KdjaC wrote:
    As above Ubisoft bought them and it will be X360 as with all the other Far Cry buddies that came out.

As far as I know Ubisoft bought the rights to Far Cry and its engine. Crysis runs on a totally new engine developed by the people who made Far Cry and is owned by EA. Correct me if I'm wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭RotalicaV

Impressive.. almost as impressive as my crotch.

RotalicaV wrote:
    Impressive.. almost as impressive as my crotch.

It's not THAT bad now...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Didn't crytek sell the far cry name and the cryengine (v1) to ubisoft and signed with a different publisher for this recently? I'll have a look around to see where i read it.

[edit]vyse got there first[/edit]

Cryengine 2 is EAs , Ubisoft have Cry 1.

EA will want this on the DS if possible so will be on X360.

http://www.crytek.com/news/story.php?id=9&p=0&n=pr&t=1

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Dx 10 and vista launch title then new pc will be needed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Sgt. Politeness

question: will this run on my P3 geforce 4 MX440 thx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

question: will this run on my P3 geforce 4 MX440 thx
    not a bother! should do 200+ fps :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Spanish Guitar

Here a bunch of new shots. I'm a bit sceptical myself I must admit. Too good to be true. Hopefully I'm wrong though.

http://media.pc.ign.com/media/694/694190/imgs_1.html

Does anybody know where I could find that original Far Cry video, I wouldn't mind seeing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

It's annoying the way the graphics are totally hyped initially and then become progressively worse as development goes on. But maybe it just seems that way. But then again, they removed the object shadows in oblivion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Spanish Guitar

I just came across that engine demo for the original Far Cry.

It made the game look a million times better than it actually was. Even Predator on the 360 wasn't capable of drawing the amount of objects they show in the first two scenes in the demo.

You can find it here under Crytech Engine.

http://farcry.ubi.com/movies.php

I'm even more sceptical now :mad:

I know what you mean about Oblivion.

I love the game but the amount of pop up and the horrible low res backgrounds really annoy me at times. They completely hid that from everybody by just showing videos of dungeons, towns and very select scenes from dense forests.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

I just came across that engine demo for the original Far Cry.

It made the game look a million times better than it actually was. Even Predator on the 360 wasn't capable of drawing the amount of objects they show in the first two scenes in the demo.

You can find it here under Crytech Engine.

http://farcry.ubi.com/movies.php

I'm even more sceptical now :mad:

I know what you mean about Oblivion.

I love the game but the amount of pop up and the horrible low res backgrounds really annoy me at times. They completely hid that from everybody by just showing videos of dungeons, towns and very select scenes from dense forests.

I dunno about the Cry Engine demo showing things better than the PC/360 FarCry versions, not only does it not look a "million times better", it looks worse than Far Cry on a (not even counting 64bit or SM3 card) to me and didnt see any major amount of models on screen in it either..

Also, the background textures etc in Oblivion can be replaced and improved drastically (not referring to the UGridtoload hack). Check Tweakguides.com

Matt

http://www.gamershell.com/download_2936.shtml

3 year old video of Far Cry, shown before the game came out. On the 4 pcs i have had since that time the game still doesnt look like that and this pc plays far Cry 1600x1200 AA on , everything on super high.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭RotalicaV

I'd just like to clarify that my crotch looks impressive on all platforms.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

RotalicaV wrote:
    I'd just like to clarify that my crotch looks impressive on all platforms.

but fits better on smaller resolutions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

KdjaC wrote:
    On the 4 pcs i have had since that time

kdjac

hey big spender!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

KdjaC wrote:
    http://www.gamershell.com/download_2936.shtml

3 year old video of Far Cry, shown before the game came out. On the 4 pcs i have had since that time the game still doesnt look like that and this pc plays far Cry 1600x1200 AA on , everything on super high.

kdjac

That movie is pretty much exactly how FarCry looked on my machine once I got my 9800. Once you turn on all the detail it looks amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Slightly OT, but I thought Crytec got shutdown because they made Farcry with pirated software and were bankrupted by the lawsuits? It may have been a dream, but I thought I heard that, when Farcry first came out. I even remebering a mate of mine saying that it sucked because it'd mean there'd be no sequel, which would be a disaster for us all!

Still, I'm going to hold out that Crysis is going to be just as good as it looks! And also that Duke Nukem Forever will be out this summer.

Advertisement