Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crysis screenshots. Unbelievable...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

On the far cry/movie validity issue I have to agree with Wicknight. I went through all of the videos listed here as evidence that Crytek like to overhype and not one of them looked better than the game actually runs imho ( due to compression they all look pretty bad in comparison to real time). Stil it didn't look like that playably on the first system I played it on :) a few upgrades later and all was eye-candy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Yes yes yes, all very nice and shiny, but... Will it be any good?

People are too obsessed with graphics. I still play AoE2 the odd time, and it sure looks like ****, but it plays amazingly well. It's fun, and that's what matters. So yeah, you can all be swayed by pretty shiny things, but call me when we've got some gameplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

True, but then I think the comparisons with Far Cry haven't touched on gameplay since that was undoubtedly superb (mostly...). As much as I do not get caught up in game hype I actually have a lot of faith in Crytek when it comes to putting a solid gameplay experience together - visuals with them are just (superlative) icing on the cake. They have stated that they intend to stick more with the open ended style of play you had in the early Far Cry levels, rather than the more intense but predictable gameplay later, something I am very happy to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Fùcking hell... if that was any more realistic-looking, it'd give ya post-traumatic stress! I'd say it will make most current hardware obsolete though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

the screenshots and demos available are TECH-DEMO standard, they are not market performance standard. if you have a top of the range pc you will still not get 100% towards tech-demo standards. but what they do have is a giant step forward in level design as the new game will operate on a single island similar to operation flashpoint only without the ugly.

just wait till E3 when you will see the first set of market performance vids and shots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Looks (really) great, but we shall see....

I thought Farcry was very much overrated tbh, so I could be a lot more excited.

Advertisement