Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Address for Dell HQ in Ireland

Options
  • 20-04-2006 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭

I had some probs with the PC a couple of weeks back but the matter has finally been sorted after 3 weeks. In the middle of it all I sent a letter of complaint to Dell at Boghall Road, Bray only for this customer complaints manager to ring me and the best way I could describe his attitude was aggresive. Im not happy about that either.

I asked him to respond in writing and he refused. I asked him to send a copy of the terms and conditions with the extended warranty and I havent got them either.

I am going to follow up on all of this and I need to write to someone a bit higher up the corporate ladder like the CEO or general manager. Does anyone know what address I should write to. No point in sending it to the Bray address as it will only go to the same guy and as he is going to be part of the complaint it wont make much sense to send it there.

I cant find anything on their website. I would be grateful if anyone can list an addresss for them. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

You are lucky it got to anyone, Bray is no longer.

Try:

Dell
    Innovation House
    Cherrywood Technology Park
    Loughlinstown
    Dublin 18

Tim McCarthy is the main man in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Cheers MrP.

One nice letter on its way to Tim

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

muffler wrote:
    Cheers MrP.

One nice letter on its way to Tim
    Slight error on the name, fixed now.

mrP

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Let us know how you get on.

I will keep you posted alright. I had another thread about this problem but as it was ongoing at the time I decided to post when the matter was fully finalised.

The customer complaints manager has said that he will send me a USB pen/key as a gesture of goodwill. I dont think a pen drive is going to get them off that easy. "Next day collect and 3 day return" was what I paid for but I didnt bargain for 3 weeks just to replace a DVD drive

Just out of interest is Tim McCarthy the CEO or manager or how should I refer to him in my letter

Thanks for the replies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,672 ✭✭✭Oblomov

I had a problem with a Dell laptop and the DVD outside of the 1 year warranty, chased the customer service guys, finally someone phoned me and because of the number bought gave me a new drive if I would fit it.. No problem, new drive arrived, fitted, problem solved and old unit sent to Dell,

All very efficient and no harsh words, well, after the first laying down the ground rules.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 johnny255

muffler wrote:
    I will keep you posted alright. I had another thread about this problem but as it was ongoing at the time I decided to post when the matter was fully finalised.

The customer complaints manager has said that he will send me a USB pen/key as a gesture of goodwill. I dont think a pen drive is going to get them off that easy. "Next day collect and 3 day return" was what I paid for but I didnt bargain for 3 weeks just to replace a DVD drive

Just out of interest is Tim McCarthy the CEO or manager or how should I refer to him in my letter

Thanks for the replies

what the hell do you hope to achieve? Just take the USB pen as you lucky even to get that.

You would be a fool to expect anything else and writing a letter wont get you anything, they'll laugh at you. Trust me, I know as i worked for them before.

Cut your losses

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Keep at it until you get what you deserve muffler. Johnny there might like it up the arse, but there's no reason why the rest of us should set a precedent that'll let these careless sods... care less.

Complain, complain, complain.

Ken Shabby wrote:
    Keep at it until you get what you deserve muffler. Johnny there might like it up the arse, but there's no reason why the rest of us should set a precedent that'll let these careless sods... care less.

Complain, complain, complain.
    I intend to.

I think its fairly safe to ignore johnny255 as he has only posted twice with that user name anyhow and both of them have been in response to posts I made.

Serial stalker

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

I think a big, "Lemon Dell waranty" website is in order. Or "Why Dell Sucks". etc. :D

• Advertisement

Im just bumping this up a bit. The letter has gone off to Tim McCarthy and when I get a response I will post back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭shoegirl

Will be interesting to see if it goes somewhere useful. Tim McCarthy is a man who takes no sh**e.

Still its a shame that you have to practically go to the highest level in order to get answers to simple queries in Dell. My experience with them is like banging your head against a wall.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

But Tim (or his PA) passes it to his minions, the minions typically take a month to answer on Tims behalf .

Therefore be prepared to follow up a few times to get the investigation going in the first place.

Sponge Bob wrote:
    But Tim (or his PA) passes it to his minions, the minions typically take a month to answer on Tims behalf .

Therefore be prepared to follow up a few times to get the investigation going in the first place.
    Possibly will happen. Job delegation at its best (or worst)

I marked the envelope "private & confidential" and for his attention so just maybe there is a small chance that he will see it personally. I dont mind waiting or following up on the issue.

I remember a few years ago when I bought a couple of life cover/savings policies from Irish Life. The rep that sold them to me wrote down on the back of an official receipt book how much they would be worth after 10 years. After 5 years I discovered that he told a little lie and they would only be worth half of what that rep had indicated.

Anyways I got to work on it. It took me 16 months and dozens of letters before it was resolved. I ended up corresponding with the CEO of Irish Life and I got 3 fully paid up policy payouts based on their maturity value after 10 years even though payments were made on 2 of them for the first 6 years only and 3 years payments on the other one.

Sorry that was a bit off topic

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Honestly what do you expect to get ?

What warranty did you actually get? As far as i was aware there are 1, 2 and 3 year collect and return. There is a 3 year next business day service which generally trys to get the problem resolved within this time.

You might not get a response from Tim. I would say if your a home customer it will be passed to a manager in home sales.

Just like a couple of you had mentioned i got a phone call first from this guy who is head of the customer complaints section and basically he said that Dell were very happy to get my feedback, thanked me for my patience etc etc.

Im disappointed with this as part of my complaint was about this guy (very rude and aggresive during our first phone call) Its really silly for a company to get the person you are complaing about to respond to your complaint. He took great delight in repeating over and over that no matter who I complained to that he would end up dealing with it as he is the manager of customer complaints dept.

In my original letter to Tim McCarthy I told him that I was entitled to be recompensated for this and that. I wasn't referring to money (although I wouldnt turn my nose up at it either) but this guy just assumed it was money. There are other ways of recompensating someone. He said he had previously apologised to me verbally for his antics in our first phone call but I dont recall that but in any event I wanted a written apology. he wouldnt forward a copy of the T. & C's but did give a link for downloading online.

He then sent an email but still refused to give a written apolgy. And by the way the usb memory key he refers to was sent by him personally and not from Dell - that was what he told me over the phone. Copy of email below but I will have another letter off to Mr. McCarthy tomorrow

"Dear Mr.XXXXX,
    I am writing with regard Dimension 5000 machine, tag no: XXXXXX
    Firstly, we would like to thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience. As a company we pride ourselves in the level of service we deliver and take matters such as this very seriously. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our standards of service and support, and any feedback we receive which helps us achieve this is most welcome.
    We regret the difficulties you have experienced in this matter and we appreciate the co-operation you have extended Dell.
    Dell understands that you would like to claim compensation. After fully investigating the issues you have encountered We had offered you a USB memory key as a Goodwill gesture previously which you have accepted and received.Dell has come to the following conclusion.
    In response to your claim for a monetary compensation, Dell regrets that it will not be able to offer a monetary compensation as per the Terms and Conditions set by Dell Computer Corporation (www.dell.co.uk). Please refer to the link below for information on terms and conditions.
    http://www.euro.dell.com/countries/uk/enu/gen/local/legal_terms.htm
    We value you as our customer Mr. XXXXX, and your satisfaction is very important to us. Please be assured of our total commitment to providing quality service and customer satisfaction.
    I sincerely hope that your recent experience has not disillusioned you. I understand that this may come as a disappointment to you and trust that you will understand Dell’s position in this regard.
    Yours sincerely,
    XXXXX XXXXXXX
    Customer Relations,
    Dell Inc.

Advertisement