Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Improvement - contacts wanted

Options
  • 20-04-2006 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

Hi we are embarking on some overdue home improvement.

We have a 1950's Semi D in South Dublin.

We are looking for good value, reliable contacts to supply and fit the following for us

1) New wooden Front door & frame, New wooden garage Doors and New wooden gates. Would like to use one contact for all 3 so that all 3 items match.

1a) Should we make the gates remote control? How much does it cost and is it worth it?

2) New driveway - remove old tarmac and replace with nice gravel and a stone brick path and gate area etc (and widen gate by 1 metre). Also any know an approx price for such a driveway.... ours is approx 25" long x 30".

3) Someone to dig out and dispose of a concrete path in the back garden so that we can replace it with grass and a few flagstones.

4) We are demolising a cloakroom and we need to match up our 1950's cornice for our hall. Any suggestions where to look?

5) does anyone know where there is a decent floor tile sale on at the moment.

I would be interested to get any feedback or suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Dublin Mouldings in Parnell Street should be able to help with the cornice. They have a large range of ready manufactured (they make everything in the shop) or they can make it to order if you give a sample. Charges by the foot. It's not too dear. He will recommend a fitter to you if you like or your carpenter/plasterer would prob do it as that would be more economical than bringin in a guy just for that job.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭hughm

Thanks for that. I will try them

Any more contacts?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

hughm wrote:
    Hi we are embarking on some overdue home improvement.

We have a 1950's Semi D in South Dublin.

We are looking for good value, reliable contacts to supply and fit the following for us

1) New wooden Front door & frame, New wooden garage Doors and New wooden gates. Would like to use one contact for all 3 so that all 3 items match.

1a) Should we make the gates remote control? How much does it cost and is it worth it?

2) New driveway - remove old tarmac and replace with nice gravel and a stone brick path and gate area etc (and widen gate by 1 metre). Also any know an approx price for such a driveway.... ours is approx 25" long x 30".

3) Someone to dig out and dispose of a concrete path in the back garden so that we can replace it with grass and a few flagstones.

4) We are demolising a cloakroom and we need to match up our 1950's cornice for our hall. Any suggestions where to look?

5) does anyone know where there is a decent floor tile sale on at the moment.

I would be interested to get any feedback or suggestions.

Hi
    Pm me i have a few numbers you could use

Thanks, PM sent.

• Advertisement
Advertisement