Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guys on rafts on the lake

Options
  • 20-04-2006 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭

What's up with the guys out on the rafts with a banner saying "WE DONT BELONG IN UCD" ???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

how peculiar!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

It's fairly obvious that they're lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

sigh

Grimes says its the Travellers

that ok? :D

ED: cant believe I said that..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

I think they're NCAD students protesting against move to UCD.

Have to commend them on their raft making skills. Very impressive.

However for arts students you'd think they'd make a banner you could actually read! Of course had to laugh at one girl saying they can't hold it up for long as it acts as a sail and keeps pushing them towards the science block. :p

Good stunt. Good photo op so should get them some publicity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

i'd have to agree with them, they dont belong in ucd.

had we known, we could have built our own raft and sunk the bastards.

• Advertisement

would have been fun to pelt with water bombs. It's not as if they could run out of the way. Was tempted to sit there and see if someone fell in or if the rafts fell apart....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ShriekingSheet

NCAD eh? Very entertaining- hopefully the first of many demonstrations!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭JustCoz

Great, another distraction

*sigh*

I don't know why i sit beside the window in the library :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

NCAD eh? Very entertaining- hopefully the first of many demonstrations!

It's not the first, they were here earlier in the year with banners et al, it was in the college papers.

Fair play to them though, they're right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

its so funny!! i actually know the guy in the black jacket and the bald head. he is so funny! lived with him in Canada during the summer. i wonder when services will turn up, i cant wait to see that!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

i didnot know whats going on till i seen this thread:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Villaricos

Scraggs wrote:
    sigh

Grimes says its the Travellers

that ok? :D

aw scraggs grimes making ya talk for him? he was trying to do that to me last night too!
    and a raft, clever! better when they came to ucd earlier in the years and went into the arts building with Art not Orts and asked us to sign a petition. sure insult us then ask for help:rolleyes:
    ah no, joking, I signed it, can understand why they dont want to be out here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

look look look! a reporter has appeared to photograph this landmark event in UCD history!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

I know why they don't want to be here, but i don't like their "Art has no place in UCD" cos us in the art history department are cool...

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭HappyCrackHead

yeah TV3 where here.

Big whoop! like anyone who isnt having a mid-life crisis watches that station.

They had a barbeque on the raft and had signs and stuff. Services did nothing about it. Its not their problem what non-ucd heads do. plus... i dont think services have a boat.

apparently the raft was made out of ballygowan water cooler bottles.... those crazy drugged out art students...

The reason NCAD might be moving to Belfield is because where its currently resident on thomas street, the site is worth MILLIONS and only something like 70 people study there, day time anyway. Its typical administration BS.

Just one problem is that, they have the solidarity of most ucd people, coz we dont need more crusties (only kidding im sure they clean their dreads every full moon). But they should be campaigning on thomas street, whipping the resident junkies into a frenzy.

ok so who's sensablities have i offended?

come get me america

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭gilroyb

Anyone have a picture they can put on here?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

would have been fun to pelt with water bombs. It's not as if they could run out of the way. Was tempted to sit there and see if someone fell in or if the rafts fell apart....

believe it or not i saw someone throwing stuff at them (which looked very much like water baloons). Think he was with em tho as they were all laughing about it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Are you sure it wasn't irlrobins? ;)

haha.
    I'm thinking that since services took a very lax response to this naval invasion if they'd mind if I brought a 6 ton sadler 34 into the lake for a spin..... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

The reason NCAD might be moving to Belfield is because where its currently resident on thomas street, the site is worth MILLIONS and only something like 70 people study there, day time anyway. Its typical administration BS.

Dont be Retarded, 70 ppl......
    the reason they dont want to be out here is because its so bloody far from town, i.e. the museums and the historical sights that are an integral part of their course...
    im studying history of art and i know any time i have to go into town for anything its a disaster because by the time u get in there and back out here your bond to miss a lecture or two as happened me yesterday when i had a HOA field trip,
    also NCAD has been there for hundreds of years was renamed NCAD from the Royal Irish Academy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

i say torpedo the wannabe boho basta*ds, we've enough smelly arty types on campus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

mmmmmmmmmmm yea lets do that.............u dont contribute too often but when u do, its worth the wait

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

thanks darling :)

actually i gotta say i'm a quite a big fan of art, in many forms. It's the smelly arty types I don't like. Since when does having good taste in art give people the excuse to be smelly and hairy.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭irishcrazyhorse

Where there many people from NCAd up supporting them?or was it mainly about the raft?

Advertisement