Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stab Village?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

....stir...., stupid thread tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Its a rumour gone out of hand. You still need to put where you live in the census form. Where you are on the night is irrelevant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Its where you are originally from, they wanna see the movement of people around the country, it does actually matter where you are on the night!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

sort of getting worried here, what if the population seems to decrease because of the munster match.....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Limerick County Council take over the city, or town, and people will be able to build one off houses in the centre of O'Connell Street.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭radioman

lmao, brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭sioda

Billy I take it these will be tastefull in keeping one off houses along the lines of that magnificent building at the park or that new one next to the bank on o connell street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭scrattletrap

If you (your entire family) are missing from your normal home on census night you will have to fill in a tracing form (an E form if you want to be technical) which will connect the information you made in the hotel, b&b or where ever back to your house.
    So this is a pile of fuss about nothing.
    A public service announcement on behalf of your local enumerator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Lululady

Limerick feels like a town anyway it doesnt have the city feeling.......

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Dick Roche Wouldn't dare take Limerick's city status with an election due in the next 13 months. Political suicide.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

ninty9er wrote:
    Dick Roche Wouldn't dare take Limerick's city status with an election due in the next 13 months. Political suicide.

not necessarily true. The Fianna Faillers have a more-or-less guaranteed seat in Limerick east in Willie O'Dea. Limerick City is the victim of Willie O'Dea's success. If his seat were in doubt, then I can assure you that Limerick would have done better out of this government than other constituencies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Lululady wrote:
    Limerick feels like a town anyway it doesnt have the city feeling.......
    ya, i must admit i agree with you on this one..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

not necessarily true. The Fianna Faillers have a more-or-less guaranteed seat in Limerick east in Willie O'Dea. Limerick City is the victim of Willie O'Dea's success. If his seat were in doubt, then I can assure you that Limerick would have done better out of this government than other constituencies.

Yes this is true as Willie is the highest polling politician anywhere in the country. But being a Fianna Fáiler myself, Peter Power's seat is one that is important for numbers in the next Dáil. It's safe for now, butif Limerick were to become a town again, we'd probably become a 4 seat constituency in the East too. That would be a disaster

Advertisement