Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dangerous driving

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

FirstIn wrote:
    In relation to roundabouts, I understand clearly what Bloggj says.

But if there are only 2 exits from a roundabout what should one do? Use the left lane for taking the first exit fair enough, but which lane should one use for the final/second exit?

Like the ones on the spine road? I would definitely treat it as a 3rd exit - certainly I would indicate to the right, even though it is *technically* going straight through. I am pretty sure that you can use the right hand lane of a roudabout when you are taking the 2nd exit, once the exit has two lanes (i.e. so you aren't preventing someone in the left hand lane taking that exit also).

I had the misfortune of following a commericial 4x4 this morning that did not indicate once from Charlesland Grove to the N11.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

eoin_s wrote:
    Like the ones on the spine road? I would definitely treat it as a 3rd exit - certainly I would indicate to the right, even though it is *technically* going straight through. I am pretty sure that you can use the right hand lane of a roudabout when you are taking the 2nd exit, once the exit has two lanes (i.e. so you aren't preventing someone in the left hand lane taking that exit also).

I had the misfortune of following a commericial 4x4 this morning that did not indicate once from Charlesland Grove to the N11.
    I agree with Eoin on the use of indicators. It seems like very few people in Greystones actually know they even have them!

As for the roundabouts... It's the ones who use the left lane when turning right into Greystones off the spine road that hack me off! And then they blow their horns like I'm in the wrong... As far as I'm concerned, at that roundabout the left lane is for turning left, the right for Greystones or turning back up the spine road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Bertie

oinkely wrote:
    Hey folks,
    in answer to some previous queries re the cars parked in front of the apartments by the green, all of them (us) do have one designated parking space to the rear but due to the fact that very few housleholds will have only one car there is no alternative to parking the second car to the front. in fairness though i don't think that parking there is really causing the problems. it's sheer inconsiderate driving, mainly speeding, that is, and if there were no cars parked to the front then the driving speeds would probably increase.
    just my opinion though.
    oink
    Oinkely not to argue with you but its the vans and cars parking at the junctions exiting the side rouds blocking the view that cause the problems anyway the offender in question got a parking ticket for parking too close to the junction to the wood .Double yellows are going in there soon any way.Ballymore were supposed to put them in day one but obviously forgot and the planners have been on.

Advertisement