Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Broadband in Templeogue?

• 20-04-2006 1:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,
    I'm just wondering if anyone knows the best broadband providers for Templeogue, Dublin 6W.
    I had planned to get NTL in, but after 2 and a half months of NTL trying to sort out broadband on our street, they have now turned around and said that they can't provide it in the foreseeable future in our area. This despite us already having NTL TV in our house.
    The broadband in a box option from Irishbroadband, I'm not sure if this will work either. It states on their website that our address is not covered, but from borrowing the ripwave device froma friend it seems to be able to pick up a signal, but then loses it again. Can thih be boosted?
    i live in a rental property and therefore I'm not keen on getting a phone line in and having to sign a longterm contract for doing so, and then being kicked out when our lease is up in September/October if the landlord decides to sell or something similiar.
    I would have thought that getting wireless broadband in our capital city in the 21st century would be no problem. Are we that far behind other countries?

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

wireless, try digiweb metro but min contract may be 1 year but it can be moved if you move.

phoneline = no min contract
    dsl = 6 month contract

there probably is a phoneline there already so its a reactivate for €50 not an install for €130

Advertisement