Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is this a joke?

• 20-04-2006 2:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭

If not its more ridiculousness from wwe.
    Platinum rapper T.I.(born Clifford Joseph Harris, Jr. on September 25, 1980 in NYC) has been reportedly sued by Rick Flair and World Wrestling Entertainment® a sum of 75million for Copyright infringement. In his latest video(Front 2 Back feat.Bun-B), T.I. is seen walking in a manner that WWE® & Flair corp registered back in June 1992.Chief Of Operations and majority owner Vince McMahon was unavailable for comment but his lawyers,Garry Dillon firm, indictate that proof is in the Footage. Rick Flair never one to hold his tongue, confirms to NewsWeek earlier today Quote"To be the Man, You've got to Beat the Man,I have seen the video and he nor his representatives ever contacted me,I think that thats just foul."T.I was unavailable for comments but, he was been reported as being extremely mad and terrified. T.I. has recently release King ,which sold over 500,000 in its first week and ATL , which opening sales exceeded 14million.He is currently number 5 on billboards top 100.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

WOOOOOOOOOOO!
    Never knew you could trademark a walk. Kinda is a bit stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

sounds like a load of crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

The fact that they quote Ric saying "To be the man, you've got to beat the man" kinda implies it's made up. I seriously doubt Ric talks like that in real life

And if WWE registered it back in 1992, couldn't they have sued WCW for using it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

evil_seed wrote:
    If not its more ridiculousness from wwe.
    Platinum rapper T.I.(born Clifford Joseph Harris, Jr. on September 25, 1980 in NYC) has been reportedly sued by Rick Flair and World Wrestling Entertainment® a sum of 75million for Copyright infringement. In his latest video(Front 2 Back feat.Bun-B), T.I. is seen walking in a manner that WWE® & Flair corp registered back in June 1992.Chief Of Operations and majority owner Vince McMahon was unavailable for comment but his lawyers,Garry Dillon firm, indictate that proof is in the Footage. Rick Flair never one to hold his tongue, confirms to NewsWeek earlier today Quote"To be the Man, You've got to Beat the Man,I have seen the video and he nor his representatives ever contacted me,I think that thats just foul."T.I was unavailable for comments but, he was been reported as being extremely mad and terrified. T.I. has recently release King ,which sold over 500,000 in its first week and ATL , which opening sales exceeded 14million.He is currently number 5 on billboards top 100.

link to the story???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

Fozzy wrote:
    The fact that they quote Ric saying "To be the man, you've got to beat the man" kinda implies it's made up. I seriously doubt Ric talks like that in real life

And if WWE registered it back in 1992, couldn't they have sued WCW for using it?
    i'd assume it was registered by flair or wcw and came under wwes ownership through the buyout.
    i'm not surprised to be honest, the place is mad over there, you have paris hilton trying to trademark the everyday term "thats hot", with no connetation, so even a reference to temperature could be an infringement, luckily that was vetoed, but Trump got "You're Fired", strangely enough vince never got a letter from him for saying it so much.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭castagnoli

Fozzy wrote:

I really wouldnt be surprised if he does. He is notorious for being completely kayfabe. Id say he wears them dressing gowns around all the time too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

castagnoli wrote:
    I really wouldnt be surprised if he does. He is notorious for being completely kayfabe. Id say he wears them dressing gowns around all the time too :)
    d'ye reckon he tried to put the figure four on the arresting officer at his little roadside incident.;)

Advertisement