Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitting a Cash & Carry Kitchen

Options
  • 20-04-2006 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭

Hey All,
    Im in the process of fitting a C&C kitchen, they wanted €500+ to do it so I said feck that and have done it myself.
    To be honest its pathetically easy, all predrilled and screwed together, nothing difficult at all.
    (Other than hanging the presses maybe!)
    My problem is the final press door.
    Its for the small press that goes above the integrated double oven & microwave, I think its a 355mm door.
    Anywho, there doesnt seem to be anyway to attach these hinges to the unit, none of the predrilled holes line up and before I go ahead and drill my own, I'd like to make sure Im not doing something stupid.
    Ive tried ringing them but the guy I deal with is not there.

Has anyone any experience with this?

Thx!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Salem

Greebo,
    Is it the press with the door that opens out and up ?
    Is a friction type hinge ... Have cash and carry kitchens not got ones assembled on display ... Maybe take a look ...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Nah, its just a regular press door, might take a look at changing to one of them though...
    Im planning to go in over the weekend and take a look at what they have done allright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

I top hung one door above the fridge as side opening wasnt goint to work. The existing hinges should work in the same way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Irjudge1

Is it the door for fitting to the front of the extractor fan. In which case it is simply screwed to the door frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

stapeler wrote:
    I top hung one door above the fridge as side opening wasnt goint to work. The existing hinges should work in the same way.

Was your door pre-drilled for top-hung hinges?
    I was going to do this but I dont have access to a drill press/router at the moment so dont want to feck it up.

I had a look in their showroom on Saturday and they appear to have just "made it work" with some less than perfect screwing...

• Advertisement
Advertisement