Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm Contacts - Question

• 20-04-2006 3:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭

Just about to put some inertia and magnetic contacts on my windows as part of the alarm install.
    The windows are 'standard' brown upvc frames and for some reason I hate the thought of drilling and self tapping the contacts on to the frames,

Is it possible to 'glue' them on or use some form of sticky back foam??

Regard
    Liam

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi,

I know zero about alarms but there is double sided adhesive pads that you may be able to use.

The only problem I can think of is the pads may reduce the effect of the impact on the sensors should the worst happen.

• Moderators Posts: 6,870 ✭✭✭Spocker

What Pete said; the effectivness of the inertia sensor would be reduced by not being directly fixed to the frame. Don't worry about the drilling/self tapping, it's the standard way of fixing; if your using the brown coloured contacts/sensors you'll soon forget they're there. ;)

As an afterthought... is it possible that if the contacts were fixed with sticky foam is there a possibility they could fall off with the heat; would the frame (if it's in direct sunshine) not heat up during the day....:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Reyman

Contacts and detectors need to be screwed in place.

Glue and similar is only fiddling around and will let you down when you least want it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭towbar

Are there any sensors that will sit in the window opening so wouldnt be visble?

Advertisement