Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st Round Quarter Backs

Options
  • 20-04-2006 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭

hey lads, just saw this on a different forum, but

How many 1st round qb's have won the superbowl?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Currently playing or ever?

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭stevemac

ever

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

First-rounders aren't all they're cracked up to be. Remember Montana, Brady, Favre, etc.

As to the Q:

Elway, Namath, Dawson, Griese, Bradshaw, Unitas (injured during game), Plunkett, McMahon, Simms, Williams, Aikman, Young, Dilfer, Roethlisberger.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭stevemac

there is only meant to be 3

elway aitken and ben rot.

it was on an american sports show last week (sportscenter i think)

but there have being

76 total first round QB picks -- only 28 won a playoff game -- only 12 played in a superbowl -- and only 3 ever won it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

All 14 quoted by moi have won the SB, and all were drafted in the 1st Rd.

As regards the list quoted by the previous poster, that is the list of Number 1 draft choices, not the list of first rounders.

Four overall number 1 draft choices who were QBs won the SB: Bradshaw, Plunkett, Aikman and Elway. So 3 cannot be right, no matter how you look at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Should say my I just posted that up for additional info, wan;t arguing with the answers given

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭bobby wade

Elway didn't win it with the team that drafted him, but yeah Slow coach is right with the first rounders

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Manny7

It's 3 1st round picks since 1986, Aikman Dilfer and Roethlisberger, i think it was on espn during the week so someone picked it up from there

Advertisement