Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Steaua vs Middlesbrough

• 20-04-2006 3:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭

UEFA Cup semi final - first leg.

Huge, huge game tonight. And the spanners on Setanta are showing Schalke! WHY!! Anyone know if there is a pub showing Channel 5 in Dublin tonight?

It will be a tough game, what with missing Southgate, Riggott, Mendieta and Viduka, but hopefully we can get a result out there. Dont expect it to be a thriller though - more than likely only a single goal in it.

Up the Boro!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

It's on ITV4 aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

Didn't expect the last game to be a thriller either, but it was.

I have always liked Steve McLaren, i definately wouldn't begrudge him and Boro some success.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Be interesting to see how it goes. Steaua are a handy outfit, and I fancy them to at least be taking some form of result to England.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

Anyone got a stream of it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

• Advertisement

A lot better than nothing, thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

1-0 steaua bucharest. Dica 30 min

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

It's not on ITV 4!

Schalke - Sevilla is looking like it could be a cracker. Three great strikers on show in Larsen, Saviola and Kanoute! I'd put money on Larsen to score.

• Advertisement

According to the Beeb, Schwarzer just got booked for time wasting with 15 minutes to play. Sounds like they're holding out for the 1-0 defeat anyways. From reading the live updates, it seems like a game with few chances, but most of the attacking play seems to be done by Steaua.

//edit: Boro have had about 3 shots compared to about 10 by Steaua. Haven't looked at how many were on target though.

It seems very few European teams can score against Steaua in Romania ;)

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    It seems very few European teams can score against Steaua in Romania ;)
    Poor game it seems, but 1-0 isnt too bad. Middlesbrough do have a good scoring record at home, though an away goal would have been nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

1-0 is definitely a good result. Many people will want to see 'Boro do it to get an extra UEFA place for the Premiership, myself included.

Hope Steaua hang on! They're a good side with plenty of skilled players and play fast (generally) entertaining football. Plus, going out of Europe to one of the UEFA Cup finalists isn't too bad either I guess ;)

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    Hope Steaua hang on! They're a good side with plenty of skilled players and play fast (generally) entertaining football. Plus, going out of Europe to one of the UEFA Cup finalists isn't too bad either I guess ;)
    Seems so long ago at this stage!

Cracking end to the Schalke-Seville game, only ended 0-0 thanks to two poor offside decisions. Should be a great second leg, hopefully I can find it online somewhere.

Advertisement